Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 13 (4,132 Views)

Lenovo yoga 2 13 touchscreen issue

Hi all,

I have bought 2 weeks ago an Lenovo Yoga 2 13, and I’m very happy with it. But i have one annoying problem with it.

The touchscreen is not working correct. If I start the computer up, the first 5 minutes it works fine, but after that the touchscreen is not responding correct, the pointer is going everywhere and zig zag. You can't use it anymore then. I have made a paint drawing to show the problem, i made a few horizontal lines over the screen. none of the lines are straight

I hope that you can help me to resolve the problem, it’s very annoying that I can’t use the touchscreen.

lijn2.png

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 13 (4,101 Views)

Re: Lenovo yoga 2 13 touchscreen issue

HI d id you by new from a store?  if so I WOULD ADVISE RETURNINGand request a refund or a replacement you should have no   problem doing this..

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 13 (4,043 Views)

Had the same issue, even more frequent after upgrading to Windows 10. Changing the BIOS boot mode from UEFI to Legacy Support did the trick for me. Still keeping UEFI as Boot Priority. No idea why but now the touch screen works as supposed to. Kind of a driver bug? 

Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 13 (3,968 Views)

Thanks Liption, but your fix is not working for me...
I sent it back for repair, which lasted four weeks! but the problem is still not resolved.
I contacted right back to the shop, and i'm now waiting for a response.

have any of you a solution?
Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 13 (3,958 Views)

Oh I found out that the problem begins after waking up from sleepmode,
Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 13 (3,943 Views)

Hi!

Well, unfortunately it turns out that the boot mode workaround hasn't been sufficient for me either. Have recently been revisited by the error a couple of times. Still, it's so obvious that changing boot mode back and forth makes the touchscreen either function or malfunction, and it is first thing after logged on. Further, booting to safe mode, touch also always functions, even with UEFI.

Now thinking about it, the recent error events might actually have been after a wakeup as you suggest... That's a neat hint, will elaborate on that. Thanks.

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 13 (3,932 Views)

[ Edited ]

I bought my lenovo yoga 2 13 less than two weeks ago and now I have the same problem, although with my laptop it seems to have nothing to do with the sleepmode. After rebooting, the touchscreen works perfectly fine, but after a while (varying from 10 minutes to 2 hours) the problem occurs again. I reinstalled the touchscreen driver and tried the suggested change in boot mode, yet neither work. I hope that a solution can soon be found, or otherwise I will have to return the device once more.

Edit: the problem does seem to be related to the sleep mode.

Fanfold Paper
Message 8 of 13 (3,897 Views)

Oh such a pain this is...

I cannot say that the problem is consistent, but for me it seems to be connected to the screen power save function. However... I can now reproduce the problem and apply a fix using a device restart as soon as it happens.

My steps to reproduce is

1. Boot up and login.

2. Open mspaint and check touch function is ok.

3. Close lid to activate screen power save.

4. Open lid and check that touch function malfunctions in mspaint.

5. If malfunction, open Device Manager and in the HID section lookup the USB device with hardware id (for me) USB\VID_04F3&PID_0303. Right-click the device and select deactivate and after that activate again.

6. Verify touch in mspaint again (for some reason I cannot continue drawing on same painting here, must create a new...)

Until this is fixed by Lenovo (or maybe LG that seems to be the touch screen manufacturer) I'm looking into creating a batch file to restart the device and ideally is activated by a keyboard shortcut.

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 13 (3,803 Views)

Those steps worked for me Liption. Thank you so much!

Should be possible to automate this using https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff544707%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Fanfold Paper
Message 10 of 13 (3,697 Views)

Nice to hear that it was helpful for you too! :-)

I automated the restart by placing a link to a batch file on the desktop and attached a key shortcut  to the link so I can quickly restart the touchscreen. 

The batch file executes another batch file using Administrator rights with the savecred argument. The savecred arguments lets the password be stored for future use. Next batch file executes a powershell script file that do the actual driver restart. 

This process could surely be done much fancier, however lazy me stopped as soon as the function requirement was met :-) 

The batch file that calls another batch file as administrator.

restarttouchscreen_as_adm.bat

C:\WINDOWS\system32\runas.exe /user:administrator /savecred "C:\drivers\Restart Touch Screen\restarttouchscreen.bat"

Next batch file that executes the powershell script

restarttouchscreen.bat

PowerShell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "& 'C:\drivers\Restart Touch Screen\restarttouchscreen.ps1'"

The powershell script file 

restarttouchscreen.ps1

(get-wmiobject win32_pnpentity | where hardwareid -match 'USB\\VID_04F3&PID_0303').Disable()
sleep 1
(get-wmiobject win32_pnpentity | where hardwareid -match 'USB\\VID_04F3&PID_0303').Enable()

Cheers!

Top kudoed Authors