Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

03-08-2014

New Dehli, India

28 Signins

199 Page Views

• Views: 199
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo yoga 2 pro Body scratch

2014-03-27, 5:40 AM

I got some medium size body scratch on my Orange Yoga 2 PRO clearly visible when seen at the top. Can anybody confirm me if the body is made of Plastic or any metal?

Can I use any plastic scratch remover like "Novus 1, 2, 3 Kit Plastic Polish and Scratch Remover" to remove the scratches without impacting the color shine?

Any suggestions please....

Options

6 Posts

07-15-2008

Rhode Island

12 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo yoga 2 pro Body scratch

2014-03-27, 16:30 PM

I don't know what kind of material the lenovo is made of, but the finish is most likely a paint/coating of some sort.  Scratch removers work by basically being a very fine grit sandpaper.  That would work on things like plastic screens, where you have thick clear acrylic that you want to sand down until you've gotten rid of the scratch.

It probably wont work on a colored finish like the orange, unless your scratch is still orange.  In that case, you're basically removing the top thin layer of orange that has the scratch, exposing more orange underneath.  It's very unlikely your scratch is this shallow, or you'd barely be able to notice it.

Also - scratch removers will leave a very smooth/polished finish (if they're working correctly).  I think the orange finish is matte/satin, so you'd have a very strange shiny section.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you'll be able to get that scratch out... at least with scratch remover/polish.

Options

61 Posts

02-19-2014

Florida, USA

131 Signins

888 Page Views

• Views: 888
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo yoga 2 pro Body scratch

2014-03-28, 16:25 PM

I have a couple of scratches too, one on the top and on the bottom. It was rubbing againt a carabiner I had attatched to the top of my backpack (now removed).

I don't think there is really anything that will fix it. I'm Just going to have to be more careful moving foward.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms