Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattG1014
Paper Tape
Views: 206
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo yoga 3 14 touch screen not working in windows 10

I recently replaced my motherboard on my Yoga 3 14 in laptop and when I got it back the touch screen did not work. I read through other posts about similar issues with touch screens not working and updated all the drivers under device manager but I cannot find a driver for the touch screen. I updated and flashed the BIOS update that was on the support page and the touch screen worked for a few minutes but after i rebooted the computer the touch screen did not work again. 

Any suggestions?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 156
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo yoga 3 14 touch screen not working in windows 10

Hi MattG1014!

Welcome to our community forums.

We'd like to know, are there any changes/updates prior to this issue?
Could you try to enter and safe mode so we can further isolate the issue whether it is a software or hardware related? Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. You may follow the steps here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht116905

Also, try to reset the BIOS to its default settings by pressing Fn+F9 or F9 (SetDefaults). Then. Fn+F10 or Fn (SaveandExit). Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

MattG1014
Paper Tape
Views: 147
Message 3 of 4

I tried both suggestions and neither fixed the issue, the touch screen still does not work. I reset BIOS to default settings and booted up in Safe Mode and neither option made the touch screen respond. I looked in Device Manager and did not see any driver for the touch screen either. 

Any other suggestions??

By the way, thank you for your response.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 140
Message 4 of 4

You're welcome, MattG1014!

Thanks for getting back to us.

You're welcome, MattG1014! Thanks for getting back to us. We searched further and found these threads here in our community forums. Are you using Windows 10? If you do, you may try the steps suggested by other users using these links:

1.https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-3-14-touch-screen-not-working-...

2.https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/My-Yoga-3-14-TouchScreen-Problem/td-p/2190...

Let us know how it goes. We'll be glad to help you again.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors