Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamieB1
Paper Tape
Views: 203
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo yoga 500 screen completely cured easy fix - yes really woop

My yoga 500 started having flickering screen problems then turned a lovely hue of pink. It drove me mad - trying to remove all drivers and re install them following advice on here. updating the bios etc etc. NOTHING cured it! I was suspicious that it was a software issue because when I turned the lap top on every time the screen would work fine for a few seconds ...then go pink!

I found a way to restore the lenovo to its factory settings - this would mean I lost all the programs and files. SO I first uploaded all documents and images to google drive. Then did the deed...it was slow and took all night to completely reconfigure back to its factory setting as a brand new lap top. But oh my goodness it is worth it. I now have my old lap top back - no flickering screen, no pink tinge and I had forgotten how fast it used to be. Moral is .... get the kids a lap top for their games! I dont need Nvidia super fast graphics - and it works fine for movies and catch up tv. so problems. I thought I would post a solution that really worked and was not just speculation. Before you buy a new screen or cable to the moniter - just try a factory reset. Happy New Year.

Sebastiano_z
Paper Tape
Views: 148
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo yoga 500 screen completely cured easy fix - yes really woop

How can I do a factory reset?

JamieB1
Paper Tape
Views: 115
Message 3 of 4

Hi to reset your Lenovo to cure the screen problem can be done in two ways. 

Next to the power button there is a small hole that you can push a match stick into - This is a reset button.

or you can type into the search next to the windows sleep / reset / shut down icon on the windows menu bar. Type "onekey" this should take you to the onekey recovery program.

This is a cut and paste from the Lenovo manual that covers more or less the same thing.....(when the computer was shipped Lenovo had already created an image file on the hard disk of how the laptop should be fresh out the box - this is what I reverted to to kill the screen problems completely. I did it a while ago and have never had a repeat of the pink screen problem - I am typing away on it right now with a pristine white screen.)

The Lenovo OneKey Recovery System is software designed to back up and restore your
computer. You can use it to restore the system partition to its original status in case of a system
failure. You can also create user backups for easy restoration as required.
 Backing up the system partition
You can back up the system partition to an image file. This image file can be used to restore the
system partition. To back up the system partition:
1 In Windows, press the Novo button or double-click OneKey Recovery icon to start the
Lenovo OneKey Recovery System.
2 Click System Backup.
3 Select a back-up location and click Next to start the backup.
 Restoring
You can choose to restore the system partition to its original status or to a previously created
back-up point. To restore the system partition:
1 In Windows, press the Novo button or double-click OneKey Recovery icon to start the
Lenovo OneKey Recovery System.
2 Click System Recovery. The computer will restart to the recovery environment.
3 Follow the on-screen instructions to restore the system partition to its original status or to a
previously created back-up point.
If Windows cannot be started, then follow the steps below to start the Lenovo OneKey
Recovery System:
1 Shut down the computer.
2 Press the Novo button. From Novo Button Menu, select System Recovery and press Enter.

Sebastiano_z
Paper Tape
Views: 89
Message 4 of 4

Will this work even if I deleted the recovery partition on my HDD?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors