Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deedewitri
Blue Screen Again
Views: 23,828
Message 1 of 71

Lenovo yoga 500 - sudden black screen

hi guys,

i need your help, i just bought this 14inch YOGA 500 i have problem with the screen. have been 3 times this happen guys..

while i'm normally used the laptop the screen suddenly black out but the iindicator power and battery not blinking that indicate they run normally. what do you think the problem guys ?

i try to tap keyboard key and power button nothing happen guys, the screen still black.

the only way  back to normal i press power button to shut down and start the computer again. 

Please help me guys. 

Beast Regards,

Dewi Tri Wulandari

Evelina
Fanfold Paper
Views: 23,617
Message 2 of 71

Re: Lenovo yoga 500 - sudden black screen

hi dewi,

i also have the same problem with you in my lenovo yoga 500. suddenly black out even when i not using any application. have you found the way to solve this problem?

michalczo
Paper Tape
Views: 23,592
Message 3 of 71

Hi! I have the same problem. I'm watching YT, when suddenly "black screen". Working only keyboard light. Have you any solution? 

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 23,573
Message 4 of 71

Hi all,

I'd like to confirm this issue also started recently happening on my Yoga 500. The backlight for the display is on since if I press F9 I can see a slight change in lighting, but the screen just randombly goes black like you say. I CANNOT put the laptop to sleep (power button doesn't respond except to hard reset) and the sounds seem to stop working. Only the keyboard backlight works.

I noticed this only happens on battery and in Power Saver mode - but I can't recreate the issue since it happens randomly.
MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 23,558
Message 5 of 71

Just to report back (and bump) this thread, the issue is getting worse, it's happened 3 times today and 3 times yesterday - I tried new Intel Drivers which usually fix issues but nothing yet.
michalczo
Paper Tape
Views: 23,555
Message 6 of 71

Yesterday, I updated BIOS (to D3CN32WW) all drivers and system (Win 10). Now I'm testing all day and I have not any problems. Try it!

Did you have any problem with touchpad too?

Evelina
Fanfold Paper
Views: 23,532
Message 7 of 71

this suddenly blackout screen only happen when in batery mode even in balance performance. but if i charge the laptop, this issue didn't happen.

could you explain how to updated the BIOS? will it risk the warrant if i updated the BIOS ?

my touchpad is ok. no problem so far.

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 23,525
Message 8 of 71

Hi Evelina
Yes, we're experiencing the same issues.
The BIOS update won't void your warranty, and is recommended by Lenovo. To update the BIOS, just download the BIOS update package from the Lenovo Support site specific for your laptop.
MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 23,488
Message 9 of 71

Just to bump this thread, I'm still having the issues, it's now every half-hour and it's driving me crazy. I ran it in a safe boot, which seemed to work OK, then slowly started re-enabling services, and all seemed well until it did it again, when re-enabling my AV - this time disabling all the services as before along with the AV didn't help either. I thought it had something to do with the graphics but the services were disabled, I thought perhaps the Realtek audio drivers, but it did it when the audio service was disabled.

I'm out of ideas and pretty fed up, to be honest. Any help?
sandyjm
Paper Tape
Views: 23,478
Message 10 of 71

I have a 700...just 2 months old...and this happened today..I called Lenovo and the rep I had said she had never heard of it happening. Pretty frustrated with a almost new laptop..this is not the first issue I've had.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors