Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vladkeel
Paper Tape
Views: 652
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo yoga 500 - touch screen keeps disappearing from device manager

Hi,

So, this just started happening on my 3 month old YOGA 500 - The touch screen stops working every couple of hours.

Each time it stops i go to the Device Manager, and under Human Interface Devices i can't find either HID-compliant touch screen or USB input device.

The problem resolves each time after a hard reset (and the devices appear in the device manager), then reappears after 2-3 hours.

The system is: Lenovo Yoga 500 14ISK, Windows 10 1511 build 10586.164

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

Vlad.

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 620
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo yoga 500 - touch screen keeps disappearing from device manager

Hey there, I have a 2 month old Yoga 500-14ISK and I had the same issue. The temporary wokaround for me was to search in device manager under "USB controllers" and when the touchscreen died there would be a USB device with "Device Descriptor Failed" next to it in the USB section. Disabling that device and then re-enabling it would make the touchscreen work again.

To completely fix the issue, I had to use a factory reset with the Novo button (pinhole next to the power button) and since then despite wiping the OS of my settings and apps, now I've updated all drivers and such again and I've had no further problems with the touchscreen.

SaritJain
Paper Tape
Views: 546
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo yoga 500 - touch screen keeps disappearing from device manager

Hi All,

I am using Lenovo Yoga from past 10 days but its touch has started creating troubles. Somebody told me to go in USB Controllers (in Device Manager) and Disable USB Root Hub(xHCI) and Enable it again. 

The touch function started working but after 3-5 minutes again it stats creating troubles.

Somebody help me to fix this problem permanently.

Regards,

SARIT JAIN

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors