Did you mean: 
Adel75
Fanfold Paper
Views: 188
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo yoga-520-14ikb-type-81c8 Monitor refresh rate 57 hz only after update

Dear Sir ,

I m a Owner of Lenovo yoga-520-14ikb-type-81c8

after VGA ( both intel graphics 620 and Nvidia 130 ) the monitor refresh rate have gone down from 64hz to 57 hz and the displayed picture is not soft as it was before 

I noticed also that only mode listed under the Generic Pnp is 57 hz before I was having more option !

please help 

with kind regards 

Adel

Adel75
Fanfold Paper
Views: 134
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo yoga-520-14ikb-type-81c8 Monitor refresh rate 57 hz only after update

Hi any help pls 

regards

Adel

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 111
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo yoga-520-14ikb-type-81c8 Monitor refresh rate 57 hz only after update

Hi Adel75!

Welcome to Lenovo forums,

Please update the display driver for both Intel and Nvidia from these links https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-520-14IKB-TYPE-81C..., https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-520-14IKB-TYPE-81C...

Once done, change the refresh rate on the display settings by following the steps below:

1. Right-click the desktop, and then select the “Display Settings” command.

2. Scroll down a bit on the right pane, and then click the “Advanced Display Settings” link to continue.

3. Click the “Display Adapter Properties” link under the display you want to configure here.

4. Click the “Monitor” tab in the properties window that appears, and then select your desired refresh rate from the “Screen Refresh Rate” box. Click “OK” to continue. Your change will immediately take effect.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Adel75
Fanfold Paper
Views: 97
Message 4 of 7

Hi 

Thank u for ur reply  tried that and no improvment STILL NO 64 HZ and no soft image , max it is 60 hz and also I doubt if i can select the nvidia card , I see one display screen selectable , is that normal !?

plsease see attached print screen 

Adel75
Fanfold Paper
Views: 90
Message 5 of 7

Hi 

Thank u for ur reply  tried that and no improvment STILL NO 64 HZ and no soft image , max it is 60 hz and also I doubt if i can select the nvidia card , I see one display screen selectable , is that normal !?

plsease see attached print screen 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 83
Message 6 of 7

To justify if 60Hz is really the maximum resolution of the LCD Display, we need to look into the parts.

As per parts look up for Yoga 520-14IKB (Type 81C8) – link below, this model can use a BOE NT140WHM-N44 or a AUO B140HAN0 4.2.  From the specs below, we can conclude that the max refresh rate of the LCD panel is 60Hz and the 64Hz that was previously seen is likely an inaccurate reading and was corrected after the Windows Update.

https://lnv.gy/2IrlBPj

See image below

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Adel75
Fanfold Paper
Views: 80
Message 7 of 7

Thank u so much for ur reply I do undrestand 

but what about my attached document and my second part : can I switch from Intel VGA to the the Ndidia and how ?

regards 

Adel

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors