IT

6 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo yoga 530-14ARR Freezes randomly while using active pen

2019-12-10, 20:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I have this really annoing issue........sometimes (kinda often) when I use the lenovo active pen with Onenote or any other program that uses pen input (such as edge or drawboard pdf) the laptop frezzes completely, I cannot use the touch, keyboard, power button, ecc... 

The only workaround that I found is to close the lid and let the laptop go in standby then wake it up or force restart it by keeping the power button pressed. When it comes back from the standby it also writes eveything I tried to write while it was freezed.

I have updated windows 10 to the last version, updated the apps, and I have the last update for the pen driver, no one of this tings solved my problem. I have no clue on how to solve this issue, if you could help me I would be really thankfull.

Options

733 Posts

08-02-2018

US

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo yoga 530-14ARR Freezes randomly while using active pen

2019-12-11, 17:39 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community Forums..

Was it working fine before? Where there any changes or updates prior to the issue?

Try checking and installing Windows update and drivers update using the Lenovo Vantage app.

You may download and learn more about the Lenovo Vantage here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081

Hope it helps.

Auxen

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

03-15-2020

ES

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:Lenovo yoga 530-14ARR Freezes randomly while using active pen

2020-03-15, 15:59 PM

Did you find any solution? I am having the same problem as you currently. Just as you, I have tried to update all kinds of drivers, I checked that I did not have any type of virus and that it was not the reason why my pc was freezing, I even ended up resetting the pc to stock. But nothing, from time to time while using the pen in any application, the pc freezes and really annoys me.

I do not know what else to do.

Options

3 Posts

07-21-2019

IT

6 Signins

51 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-03-27, 15:51 PM

Unfortunately no, I've tried all the suggested solutions but no one of those did work. I'm kinda disappointed that lenovo support can't figure out how to help us, this laptop would be amazing if it wasn't for this issue.

Options

3 Posts

07-21-2019

IT

6 Signins

51 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-03-27, 19:18 PM

I may have found a solution from an italian forum. This is the guide I found:

1 - I installed the drivers of the yoga 530-14arr - https://download.lenovo.com/consumer...s/ksy602af.exe

2 - I copied the C: / DRIVERS / Active Pen / 64 / WacHIDrouterISD.sys file to the desktop

3 - I have deleted the C: / DRIVERS / Active Pen folder

4 - I went to Control Panel -> Device Management -> Human Interface Device (HID) and I uninstalled the "Lenovo Pen Device" drivers (At this moment the touch temporarily stops working)

5 - I deleted the file: C: /Windows/System32/drivers/WacHIDrouterISD.sys

6 - I downloaded and installed the drivers: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer...yo05af089l.exe

7 - I repeated step 4

8 - I deleted the file C: /Windows/System32/drivers/WacHIDrouterISD.sys

9 - I copied the WacHIDrouterISD.sys file put on the desktop first and pasted it in C: / Windows / System32 / drivers /

10 - Device management - Detect hardware changes

I hope it will work for you, I've just tried to do it and it hadn't freeze since then again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save