Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenooovoyooga
Paper Tape
Views: 164
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo yoga 700 14 sound issue

I have a lenovo yoga 700 14isk laptop and I have some audio issues that I can't solve. The outward speakers of the laptop are fine but the audio doesn't work whenever I have headphones plugged in. Anytime they're plugged in theres a constant loud static buzzing sound Man Mad even when nothing is playing. I know the problem isn't with the headphones because those headphones work everywhere else and I have tried multiple headphones and gotten the same problem.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 126
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo yoga 700 14 sound issue

Hi lenooovoyooga!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Open the Lenovo Vantage app which also helps to download the latest available and compatible driver updates for your computer. If it is not yet installed, you can download it here.

https://vantage.lenovo.com/

This will help us isolate the case between hardware and software.

If the issues persists, right click on the audio icon on your computer, click on playback devices and choose the headset.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

lenooovoyooga
Paper Tape
Views: 113
Message 3 of 5

I downloaded and opened Lenovo Vantage and I downloaded all of the latest updates and drivers but I am still having the same problem. Also, when I press the audio icon on the task bar I don't see a "playback devices" option.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 103
Message 4 of 5

If the playback option is not available by right clicking on the audio icon on your desktop screen, we highly advise to go to the device manager of your computer. Click on expand on sound and right click to uninstall the drivers. If there is a prompt to delete software drivers, put a mark on it and continue to uninstall. Reboot the computer afterwards. 

Test the headset again after the reboot. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

lenooovoyooga
Paper Tape
Views: 77
Message 5 of 5

I have tried multiple times to uninstall the sound devices and drivers from the device manager but everytime I do and restart the computer the devices/drivers just appear again in the device manager. The headphones still have the same static issue and I don't see the playback devices button either.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors