Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z0nd0r
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,124
Message 31 of 52

Re: Lenovo yoga 710 14" Screen Flickering

Sounds interesting.

Would be great if you could provide the link to the youtube video you are mentioning or at least the title of it so that we can find it.

z0nd0r
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,012
Message 32 of 52

@OveH wrote:
Remove bottom lid (see youtube), remove the paint on the motherboard under the lid fastening screw located between the hinges. This will ground the bottom lid, and the problem is gone

@OveH, would you be so kind and share the youtube link with us?

Personally, I would prefer to fix this issue by myself if possible, instead of sending my notebook to Lenovo and having to wait for probably weeks or month until I get it back.

OveH
Paper Tape
Views: 3,001
Message 33 of 52

The first 2 minutes of www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8nRVoVKbmg show how to open the back lid.  Then you look at the lid to find the three tabs that is supposed to provide grounding of the lid to the motherboard.  The tabs will connect to the motherboard when the three screws that hold the lid between the hinges are tightened.

On my 710, the motherboard was painted where one of the tabs (the middle one) should contact to the motherboard. I scraped the paint off with a knife down to the copper surface. Then put the back lid on, and tighten the 10 screws.

Merry Christmas to you all from Tromsø!

Highlighted
alanly
Paper Tape
Views: 2,957
Message 34 of 52

The issue could possibly be due to the LCD display connector cable being loosely connected to the socket. I disassembled the lower case and pushed in the cable connector of the LCD into the socket and the flickering disappeared thus far. In the comments of the youtube video below explains the procedure to fix the problem.

Hope all is well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McWb1W0sWkA 

Bender95
Punch Card
Views: 2,104
Message 35 of 52

Had this terrible screen flickering issue right after i bought my new Yoga 520-14 laptop. Dunno if this is the solution, but after updating all the drivers (except for HID V2 sensor collection cause this broke "yoga mode control") using one popular driver updater the issue has gone

OveH
Paper Tape
Views: 2,094
Message 36 of 52

Got my 710 back two weeks ago. It had been at the national workshop (for one month) to get "reinstalled", i.e all programs and content had been removed. When back it was just changing screen brightness up and down now and then. But now it is back to the flickering mode.

Before this it was back to factory one month for changing  a new screen.

Before this it was in for "repair", twice.

I am now delayed 1/2  year in my video editing project. Every time I got my systems re-installed, the 710 failed.

I am disappointed!

AC7880
What's DOS?
Views: 1,830
Message 37 of 52

I had tried updating drivers, BIOS, software settings etc for months to solve screen flicker.  I opened the back of the laptop case (special screwdriver), then tightened all ground screws. Flicker is GONE.

AC7880
What's DOS?
Views: 1,830
Message 38 of 52

You solved my onging screen flicker issues after I spent many hours trying to resolve the flickering.  As soon as I read your coment it made sense. I have seen many issues over the years caused by grounding issues.  

I had tried updating drivers, BIOS, software settings etc for months to solve screen flicker.  I opened the back of the laptop case (special screwdriver), then tightened all ground screws. Flicker is GONE.

lneeraj97
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,734
Message 39 of 52

I've tried everything but nothing worked for more than a day or two. So last night I scraped off the paint as instructed above, removed and tightened all the screws. Everything's been fine till now. I'd like to know how it's been to all of you guys

AC7880
What's DOS?
Views: 1,730
Message 40 of 52

I tightened all screws on 20 May, and problem is still solved. Had tried everything else, and months of problems solved by tightening all screws after removing back cover.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors