Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AC7880
What's DOS?
Views: 1,767
Message 41 of 53

Re: Lenovo yoga 710 14" Screen Flickering

I tightened all screws on 20 May, and problem is still solved. Had tried everything else, and months of problems solved by tightening all screws after removing back cover.
eldy123
What's DOS?
Views: 1,659
Message 42 of 53

Ive got a Yoga 510 and had similar issue

It started when i took the cover off to upgrade the memory to 8GB.

Kept getting blank screen flashes, particular in Bitlocker and also when launching Excel spreadsheets. Very bizzare.

I wiped the device via Lenovo Anykey and still had same problem after all Windows updates.

So ive followed the advice here and unscrewed the cover fully, took it off with a plastic pry tool and then checked nothing is loose with the cables to the screen, carefully put the cover back on to ensure nothing on the cover would touch the cabling, screwed back firmly and all seems ok so far!

Drb17
Paper Tape
Views: 1,562
Message 43 of 53

Inspite so many complaints and unresolved issues in flickering, Lenovo is audaciously silent and think these whiny customers will just go away.

How many more defective laptops will they sell before feeling a **bleep** in their conscience?

Is any Lenovo staff reading this? Obviously, not!

Does this tantamount to stealing?

Sick!!

eldy123
What's DOS?
Views: 1,479
Message 44 of 53

tightening the screws didnt resolve the issue.

I noticed the battery condtion was "Fair" - can be checked in Lenovo Vantage  - so only holding around a 1/4 of its charge.

It seem the screen flickering only occurs when the laptop is being powered via the battery. If i have it plugged into the charger it doesnt flicker at all!

I got the battery replaced and that seems to have done the trick.

kierannnn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,420
Message 45 of 53

Thank you. I have tried everything for the last 6 months and nothing worked. Tried taking the back off and cleaned the laquer off the mother board ground and yes no problems now. I did download the service manual that shows you a better way to remove the rear cover, 5 minute fix!!! Thanks again ..

soulful
What's DOS?
Views: 1,351
Message 46 of 53

Hi,

I am facing the same issue since 15 days now. The screen flickers at random instances and very frequently, at times even when the touch is used.

Any suggestions for fixing the same?

lneeraj97
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,336
Message 47 of 53

I've had the same issues for many months until I removed and fixed all the screws. Also, removing the paint around the screw hole (details instructions are somewhere here in this thread) helps.

z0nd0r
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,305
Message 48 of 53

Hi all,

my Lenovo Yoga 710 14-IKB is affected by this issue as well.
I already removed the back and basically tightened each and every screw I had access to.
The flickering is slightly better now, but still far from being acceptable.

I'm wondering which screws are exactly the ground screws?
And from which screws did some of you remove the paint from?

Here is a picture of my opened yoga. Maybe this helps to point me into the right direction Smiley Happy

lenovo_yoga.jpg

Thanks in advance!

lneeraj97
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,284
Message 49 of 53

Let's call the 3 screws close to the hinges the top row. I've removed the paint around the middle screw of the top row. And I've disconnected and reconnected the display cable (below the left screw of the top row). AFAIR,I did the same with the battery too. I had absolutely zero flickering from them. Then I installed Manjaro KDE, from which I held back due to this screen flickering issue. It's running like a dream

bfilipe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,233
Message 50 of 53

I have the same problem but I doubt it is related to any screws or defect with the machine, because it only happens when i try to see some kind of media (videos) embeded on webpages while using Microsoft Edge. If I use Firefox, Chrome or Opera, no flicker for me. It happens only when I use Microsoft Edge, which leads me to believe there is a problem with the latest drivers Lenovo provided for this model (Yoga 710 14'' (Type 80V4)).
I like to use Edge because it truly makes a difference on battery duration when comparing with the other three...
To try to fix this I've tried the drivers Intel provides on their webpage. They are a newer version than the one Lenovo provides but they have the same behaviour, not to mention they are going to be replaced by Windows Update provided ones (which are older than Intel's and Lenovo's available drivers as well), as soon as WIndows checks for updates.
With the drivers provided by Microsoft the flicker disappears, but sometimes they cause slowdowns on screen when you have 3 or 4 windows for different applications showing at the same time.
Unfortunately in my case i have no other choice than wait for Lenovo to update their drivers again and pray that this issue comes resolved. Smiley Sad 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors