11-21-2019

US

6 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo yoga 720 Touch screen not working

2019-11-21, 16:17 PM

Last night my touch sceen was working like normal. Today I open up my laptop and my touch screen is not working. I have tried disabling it and enabling it and nothing is working. Any ideas?

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo yoga 720 Touch screen not working

2019-11-21, 17:39 PM

Hi 

Welcome to the Community,

Its possible that the driver for the touchscreen got updated with an incompatible version. Follow these steps as they my help you out in this issue your having. 

Reinstall the Touchscreen Driver by going to the Device Manager .

In the Device Manager, click View from the menu and click Show hidden devices option.

Look for Human Interface Devices in the list and expand it. Right-click and Uninstall everything that starts with HID and USB. 

Restart the computer after uninstalling and check for touch functionality.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

11-21-2019

US

6 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-11-21, 18:24 PM

So I tried that after recieving your message and my touch screen still does not work :/

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-11-21, 19:05 PM

Hi 

Another way to test if this is a hardware issue is by testing the touchscreen capability outside windows in the recovery menu.

There is a pinhole on the side of the computer right next to the headphone port as shown as no. 7 on the screenshot below, Use a paper-clip to press the button inside the pinhole while the computer is completely off and you will access the Novo menu.

Select advance optins and just check if the touchscreen works.

If the touchscreen still doesn't work here then this is going to need a physical repair.

If it does, then make a backup of your files and a factory reset will be our next step as there's something else that. causing the issue.

To do the factory reset we need to do the same step but this time select Onekey Recovery.

Heres's a short video on how the reset procedure goes https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/videos/VID100759.

After the reset and still doesnt work and the laptop is still in warranty, you may contact our local support to set up a repair request on 1-877-453-6686 , If not then visit local service centers for repair options.

Let us know how it goes,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save