Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdharrington
Paper Tape
Views: 485
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo yoga 730 active pen missing click assignment missing

I bought the lenovo active pen...

For some of the apps i use i need right click and middle click functionality in the barrel buttons.

I see the app in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m083aYUWBng at about 11:45 has the click functionality able to be mapped to barrel buttons.

However in either the lenovo pen (microsoft store app) or the wacom pen app (basically the same) the click assignment functionality is gone.

I can set macros, open apps etc etc, but what i really need is the click functionality (middle and right)

Is there a way to get the previous driver version that may have this functionality (as the video is from 2017) 

Not sure why this is disabled....it is absolutley neccessary in tablet mode.....which is the entire reason for my purchase of the notebook

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 387
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo yoga 730 active pen missing click assignment missing

Hi mdharrington and welcome to the Community,

See if anything over in this thread will help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/How-can-i-activate-the-Middle-and-Right-Mo...

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
mdharrington
Paper Tape
Views: 378
Message 3 of 9

I did earlier thanks.
The solution does not work...just an interesting add on.

The problem is in tablet mode the pen replaces the mouse, and yet the mouse emulation options are removed with the options provided.

I have owned many other wacom devices in the past and all had the ability to assign mouse clicks to the pen buttons, it was usually the default option...however lenovo decided to give me the ability to turn my volume up/down go into email or call cortana but handicapped the primary use of the pen as an input device.

Its kinda like turning my cars shifter into a high end multimedia controller that no longer can go in reverse.

The solution i believe is for lenovo to restore the functionality previous versions of the app had, not sure if anyone can forward that to them....or point us to a previous version download?

ireneusB
Fanfold Paper
Views: 305
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

did you find a solution to the missing buttonAssignments ?

I saw you have looked for solutions to your problem in my thread in this forum, too.

I spent already so many hours on finding something, but the radialMenu did not really help (it can't make the middleMousebutton work).

Just helps with a correct RightMousebutton usage (when in photoshop to resize the brush on the fly).

Wacom does not seem to care.

thanks.

mdharrington
Paper Tape
Views: 288
Message 5 of 9

Not completely.

check out tabletpro.com....closest thing to a solution. Lots of info and knowledge there and they do have a script to enable the click assignments according to their YouTube channel

ireneusB
Fanfold Paper
Views: 275
Message 6 of 9

Ahh, i bought tabletPro, too.

But i didn't know you could assign the Right/MiddleMousebuttons to the penButtons with it.

I couldn't make the MiddleMouseButton work with RadialMenu but it makes the RightMouseButton behave nicely.

But i changed an autohotkeyScript to allow me to use the eraserFunction (which i assigned to the upperBarrelButton in the penApp)  as MiddleMouseButton. But sometimes that clicks multipleTimes when i use it for example to  middleMouseClick a link to open it in a new tab in firefox. Tho that chokes a lot, too, when i try to MiddleMouseScroll a webpage where LMB scroll does not work.

But for you both buttons work fine with tabletPro ?

Thanks

mdharrington
Paper Tape
Views: 268
Message 7 of 9

I didn’t get middle and right click working....I just suggested tablet pro as they seemed the best able to solve it.

Its honestly ridiculous that Lenovo/Wacom removed the driver option 

ireneusB
Fanfold Paper
Views: 251
Message 8 of 9

at least the right click... works absolute as expected in all the apps for me with radialMenu.

The MiddleMousebutton only with the autohotkeyScript-hack which is kind freaky but i can live with that.

Yeah it is an absolute disaster (in my opinion) what wacom did there, i doubt lenovo has something to do with it.

Except maybe for demanding a better support from wacom. I honestly can say i wouldn't have bought this notebook if i knew with what kind of troubles i would end up with. And i won't recommend it to anyone. But i guess the yoga 720 works fine ?

Anyway i will try to avoid wacom in the future where i can (won't be easy, but i am really annoyed by their total lack of help).

Tho i have to say in here besides help from other users, the lenovo guys only paste links without really reading what you have written as well. At least in my case always the same, tho you have already written that you tried every driver already.

And they paste a link to the half year old drivers.

So radial menu does not help you at least with the rightMousebutton hoverClick to for example resize the brush in photoshop on the fly (alt+RMB hoverClick adjust) ?

jswan
What's DOS?
Views: 139
Message 9 of 9

This is absolutely shocking they don't have this option!

I was so excited to turn this bad boy on and start using the pen, but WOW

It renders the pen USELESS as I absolutely need middle/right click for navigation and selecting options in art programs!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors