Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnandNatraj
What's DOS?
Views: 1,224
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo yoga 900 series keyboard issues

Purchased lenovo 900 series notebook four months back and it was normal untill three weeks when a new update for windows 10 came in. After the new update, whenever I pressed any function key(pressing fn key and button f9) for say send receive emails in outlook or even function f5 for refresh in chrome, entire keyboard stops working. I have to restart the laptop everytime this happens. Then the keyboard works until I press any function combo keys.  I resinatlled the keyboard drivers and updated it. Still it is not working. Then I installed the lenovo vantage app, tried changing hot keys to straight function keys, even then the keuboard stops working and I had to do the reboot stuff. Is there a solution to this problem? what is the issue? as it happened from windows update, am doubting whether this is the update issue or is it the keys are making the entire keyboard locking.... seriously am not able to comprehend the root cause. Can someone guide me 

simoniz
Punch Card
Views: 1,139
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo yoga 900 series keyboard issues

My issue isn't exactly like what you are expericing.  On my Yoga 900, the function keys stopped working, but the keyboard would still work.  In order to reslove my issue, I had to disable Windows fast start-up.  Please check out the following article to see if disabling that setting resloves your issue.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors