Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GallCohen
Punch Card
Views: 9,486
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo yoga 900 vs 710

Hey guys, I need to buy a new laptop for college stuff and I am debating which to get, I only offered those 3 because other than them, there is only asus which offers basically the same laptop, without the touch for the same price.

Here is a summery for the specs of the models I am looking at:
Yoga 900:
QHD+ 13.3 " display, either the newer model with 256 PCIE SSD, 540 intel GPU with 8GB of ram, upgradable to 16, and an I5 6260U
Or the older model with 520 intel hd, normal 256 ssd, I7 6500U and 8GB soldered.

Yoga 710:
FHD 14" display, I7\I5 and 256\512 ssd with the new 940MX and 8 GB of ddr4 ram
(I am still not sure which model I will pick as I can afford any considering it is cheaper than the yoga 900)

I like that the Yoga 710 has a bigger display, though I am not sure how noticeable it will be considering it's 0.7" inches, also it has a much lower resolution.
I don't plan on gaming or doing any heavy work on it other than surfing, watching movies and studying so I am not sure where the 940MX and drr4 will come into play.
The yoga 900 brings ddr3 and intel graphics but a better screen, a PCIE SSD and an updated I5.

My main debates are having a PCIE SSD and whether I should go for a higher res screen or a 14" screen with a little bit more juice, also the 900 has more usb ports and a usb C which is a nice plus.
I would love to hear your opinions, thanks!(BTW, the price difference for me is about 250$ when considering the I5 variants)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 9,479
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo yoga 900 vs 710

@GallCohen wrote:

Yoga 900:
QHD+ 13.3 " display, either the newer model with 256 PCIE SSD, 540 intel GPU with 8GB of ram, upgradable to 16, and an I5 6260U
Or the older model with 520 intel hd, normal 256 ssd, I7 6500U and 8GB soldered.

Hi,

I'm only able to find Yoga 900 models with soldered RAM.  Do you have a link?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

GallCohen
Punch Card
Views: 9,473
Message 3 of 4

The link will be in hebrew so I don't think it will help you, now that I looked into the yoga 900 models on lenovo's site they had models with either 8GB or 16GB onboard and didn't say you can add more yourself, so I guess the store I am buying from is wrong about it and you stay with the amount you bought, Sorry for the confusion.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 9,469
Message 4 of 4

That's what I figured.  Just wanted to make sure you were making a decision based on the actual hardware.

If you expected to upgrade the RAM later, you'd be disappointed.

Regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors