Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
interista
Paper Tape
Views: 697
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo yoga 910 wifi issues

Hi, so i got a problem. I got 2. wifi netwrok at home. Both working fine on other devices. But on yoga 910 is like this. I am conected to network 1 (n1) and when i tried to switch to network 2 (n2) i got yellow triangle and no internet connection and vice versa so yellow triangle when try to connect from N2 to N1. Only way to get it work is to disabel wifi adapter under device manager (and right after enable again)and then right click on wifi icon and do troubleshoot wifi.. I got this problem since i set up the second wifi network but since there is no problem on other devices i assume that  is someting worng with my pc.

Guru
Views: 674
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo yoga 910 wifi issues

There's a whole 'nuther thread with a number of issues and fixes.  Using the fixes I posted, I haven't had the issue where it was solely on the 910. In other words, if I see the "no internet" triangle now, it's also on all the other devices in the house which means the router gets a reboot.  

First thing to do: Use Control Panel to search for and - if it's there - remove the Qualcomm WLAN Installer program. Not the driver.. the installer program. 

Next, download and install Lenovo Vantage from the Windows Store. Use it to update all your drivers that need it. 

If Vantage doesn't detect an older BIOS (or you already have the latest), use the support download page to download and update that. 

Finally, make sure your router is using the latest firmware available to it.

Those steps, alone, have solved the issue for a number of people. I'd stop here and run it a while to see if it fixes yours. If not, read on.

I also assigned different SSIDs to the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands in my router so I could force the 910 to only log on to the 5Ghz radio. Seems the least little blink in the 5Ghz band and it'd fall back to 2.4 where all my neighbors are. That's when I'd get the triangle. Latest drivers combined with forcing it to stick to 5Ghz solved most of the issues. It would still happen, though not terribly often and it'd happen on both my 910 and my iPhone at the same time.

Lastly, I discovered a truckload of WLAN and DCOM errors in the Event Viewer. Probably caused when the WLAN installer program got stuck after a Windows Update. I was able to solve all but two of those errors (which don't appear to impact anything). 

About three weeks ago, I got a different router. It has two 5Ghz radios in it. So, phones go on one, laptops on the other. And the handful of 2.4 devices I have go there. Only one triangle in three weeks and it affected every device in the house. Rebooting the router solved it. 

I can't point to exactly which fix solved the issue since I applied all of them at roughly the same time. But, for me, it all works, now. 

FWIW, I had none of these issues prior to Windows' "Anniversary Update." 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
interista
Paper Tape
Views: 584
Message 3 of 8

Still not working. To be sure i did test on different devices from mobile phone to laptop and gaming console. All of those works fine only yoga 910 have some problem.  Can't belive i paid 1500€ for this.

Guru
Views: 582
Message 4 of 8

Which steps did you try?

interista
Paper Tape
Views: 578
Message 5 of 8

On pc all of them. Tomorrow i will do some digging around wifi. I don't know mybe there is some setting that causes troubels only for yoga and i didn't check it. Oufcorse if it helps i will report here. Many thanks for advices on what to check. Smiley Happy

Guru
Views: 576
Message 6 of 8

Might also look to see what your WiFi card's roaming aggressiveness is set to. On my 920, I had to dial that down to 3-Medium. 

Were there any errors in your Event Viewer?

Worst case, you can always get an Intel card and swap it out. Seems to work for lot of users on here. 

Gitsome
What's DOS?
Views: 531
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

I will share with you what worked for me.

Remove the qualcomm installer in your apps list according to the instructions in previous replies.

Restart computer.

*Log into the admin/config page of your wireless router.  If you can see dual band 2.4 and 5.0 then try setting two separate SSIDs to split the bands from each other.  EG:  Home24 and Home50.  You should see the two wireless connections as you named them.  Connect to the 50 ssid.  It should work.

From my observation of the 6 yoga 910s that I am responsible for.  When you  have a dual band router and you set one ssid for both bands and have the laptop choose on it's own.  It has NO idea which to connect to.  Or it bounces back between 2.4 and 5.0.

It is the internal wireless card's fault for not being able to deal with two bands in one ssid.   Good Luck

Hope this helps.

interista
Paper Tape
Views: 471
Message 8 of 8

None of this worked, but finnaly i don't have those problems anymore. What i did is use that recovery mode when you get clean win10 without any programs or files, like on the new laptop but whitout bloatware. Eaven scaling works fine in some apps that i have instaled. Still thank you for your time and help.
Top Kudoed Authors