Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twincomet
Paper Tape
Views: 3,727
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo yoga 920 Active Pen 2 syncs but won't write

I would not be surprised if this is completely operator error - I've never used a stylus / pen for a computer before.  I just received my Yoga 920, along with an Active Pen 2.  I was able to sync the pen to the bluetooth, and double clicking the top button brings up the screen sketch application, but I cannot otherwise get the pen to work.  I can write in the screen sketch with my finger, but the pen does nothing.  Is there a driver or application I need?  On the instructions I found here:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/options/lenovo_active_pen2_qsg_v2.0_201705.pdf

It says "to customize the button functions use Wacom pen application" so I downloaded that from online.  It doesn't recognize that my pen is linked, even though the bluetooth menu says it is, and upon further reading on the Wacom app site, it does not appear that the Active Pen 2 is supported.

Is there something I'm missing or not doing correctly?  I don't see any similar problem in these forums, at least not specific to the yoga 920.

echao1
What's DOS?
Views: 3,507
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo yoga 920 Active Pen 2 syncs but won't write

Same problem here. The Active Pen 2 attaches to my Yoga 910 via Bluetooth, the top button seems to work, but no response when writing or when using the side buttons (right/ left click). Any solutions? Return and get a new one?

Jrawrd9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,457
Message 3 of 6

I also have this problem with my pen, and just realized something... The pen is powered by two different batteries --

the tiny button cell batteries power the bluetooth radio in the top portion of the pen, while the AAAA (4A) battery powers the bottom portion of the pen. Both halves of the pen operate independently from eachother, as tested by separating the halves and the top button still works to bring up the Windows Ink Workspace. 

My guess is the AAAA battery is dead. I checked the local hardware store and they were out of AAAA batteries so I can't confirm this theory, but I just ordered a pack from Amazon which should be here in a couple of days... If anyone else is motivated to go out and track down one of these batteries, it might be worth it to test.

If there is no response by the time my batteries arrive, I will update with my findings. Hope this helps.

Jrawrd9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,428
Message 4 of 6

Just replaced the AAAA battery in the pen and it is back to working normally with no issues. Hopefully this helps!

JAguilar
What's DOS?
Views: 39
Message 5 of 6

I went as you said, I got a couple of batteries, but still the problem remais, I can link with bluthooth but the tip is not working.. 

JAguilar
What's DOS?
Views: 38
Message 6 of 6

I got the batteries, but there is no go with the pen, please HELP!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors