05-27-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo yoga C940 glossy screen?

2020-05-27, 18:48 PM

I am considering purchasing the Yoga C940 for a college student.  I notice that it has a glossy screen.  Does this cause eye strain?  Also, is this a problem in either a very well lit room, or a fairly dark room?  

Options

274 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

47 Signins

1875 Page Views

• Views: 1875
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Lenovo yoga C940 glossy screen?

2020-05-28, 9:19 AM

@ sportsmom wrote:

I am considering purchasing the Yoga C940 for a college student.  I notice that it has a glossy screen.  Does this cause eye strain?  Also, is this a problem in either a very well lit room, or a fairly dark room?  

Hi there sportsmom and welcome to the community forums.

Glossy screens just means it has a smoother screen surface then their Matte counterparts that has rougher screen surfaces. 

Having a smoother screen surface can cause glares and unwanted reflections when exposed to direct sunlight or other outside light sources. In darkness, it should be pretty nice and clean to look at.

You can read more about the different types here : https://pcmonitors.info/articles/matte-vs-glossy-monitors/

As all screen has a tendency to cause eye strain when exposed to it for a long period of time, one can somewhat remedy this with adjusting brightness/gamma in the Display Settings of the device.

Hope this answers your query!

Kind Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

I do not respond to private messages.

Options

32 Posts

02-21-2020

CH

36 Signins

265 Page Views

• Views: 265
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-05-28, 9:33 AM
For me, the glossy screen works fine, despite my eye problems (Weiss rings and post cataracts on both eyes, this causes eye strain and glare problems). The C940 has a feature which relieves eyestrain by partially removing blue light on the screen (night screen). With this feature, you can easily adapt the screen to your particular needs. Works very well! You could also consider a matted screen protector. This will relieve glare and will provide a more "paperlike" surface, good for drawing and writing in tablet mode.
Options

137 Posts

12-08-2019

US

183 Signins

1449 Page Views

• Views: 1449
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-05-29, 8:49 AM
@Ludwing-1954 By night screen do you mean night light which all Windows 10 laptops have? Or is this really a C940 specific feature you're saying?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete