Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kikipin
Paper Tape
Views: 374
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo yoga switching screens

Whenever I am watching a video online like a tv show or movie, my laptop jumps between screens. For example, I'm watching my movie on Microsoft edge and the screen jumps to word, or my files (whatever other app/screen I also have open). Double checked on my husband's laptop of another brand and it doesn't happen so it's definitely not the website.

Any idea if I've maybe changed the settings by accident? how do I make it stop? 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 305
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo yoga switching screens

First, do you have anything else connected to the computer, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard?

Any other programs or processes running in the background that could do that?  Such as a net meeting, remote desktop or some other program? 

If not, try disabling the touchpad while you're watching video. Sounds dumb, but it's often the dumb stuff that works. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
kikipin
Paper Tape
Views: 263
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for replying! 

tried all of above to no avail Smiley Sad 

Don't know who to ask or how to explain it any better!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 245
Message 4 of 5

First test.. unplug everything from the computer. No mice, no dongles, no nothing. Turn off Bluetooth. 

If it still happens, try a Clean Boot. If that works, then it's probably something you have loading at startup. Go through and disable those, one-by-one, until you find the culprit. 

Here's another article on focus stealing.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
kikipin
Paper Tape
Views: 241
Message 5 of 5

so it was driving me insane last night lol so I hadn't though to try it on another browser. It worked on internet explorer (the problem was happening with Microsoft edge). So I contacted Microsoft support and all they had to do is reset Microsoft edge! problem fixed!
Just incase anyone is looking at this thread with the same problem.
thank you for your help doctordon

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors