Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paulrobbo
Token Ring
Views: 407
Message 1 of 11

Leonovo Vantage starts but asks for updates

I have Lenovo Vantage 2.26.43.0 installed from the Windows Store. It used to work (last year) but now when I start it up it always asks for me to Install Update. I've done this many times but after installing the update and rebooting, Lenovo Vantage still asks me to install update. I uninstalled Vantage, uninstalled SystemInterfaceFoundation.exe and rebooted, re-installed Vantage and pressed the button to install update, ran the downloaded SystemInterfaceFoundation.exe again and rebooted. But I still get Vantage asking me to Install Update.

In the Device Mangler, the System Interface Foundation V2 Device properties shows driver version 1.1.17.2 is installed, but now shows device status is in error with the following message:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Not Enough Quota}
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

How do I fix this?

Machine is a ThinkPad Yoga X1 (1st) MTM: 20FRS2KG06

Thanks

Paul
Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 401
Message 2 of 11

Re: Leonovo Vantage starts but asks for updates

paulrobbo
Token Ring
Views: 370
Message 3 of 11

Thanks but that link doesn't solve the problem, as I already have the Red L device in the devices panel (see screen shot) In any case I ran the fix_metadata.zip as per the instructions at the link and nothing's changed. I removed/rebooted/reinstalled/rebooted ThinkVantage and the System interface foundation yet again, but still have the same request by ThinkVantage to "Install Update".

I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, 64 Bit V1809, OS Build 17763.349

8 GB memory, 92 GB free out of 235 GB SSD. Core i5-6300 CPU

Paul
Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 359
Message 4 of 11

Is the service "IMController service" running in your machine? Sometimes, it would be blocked or stopped.

paulrobbo
Token Ring
Views: 350
Message 5 of 11

Thanks again. The ImControllerService is up and running (screen shot attached) so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Paul
Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 326
Message 6 of 11

I am sorry that I did not check your description.
So the problem is that the driver could not be loaded.
If you delete the System Interface Foundation driver(selecting delete) and reboot.Windows update will re-install the driver
Is it OK?
What is your OS language?
paulrobbo
Token Ring
Views: 318
Message 7 of 11

Hi, and thanks for the comment, My OS language is English. I have deleted the driver several times and reinstalled from the APP and rebooted but the problem persists, as I mentioned in my OP and other comments. The problem is the driver is showing as "not working properly" as per my original post. Screen shot attached.

Paul
Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 277
Message 8 of 11

Could you send me the driver installation log?

It is C:\windows\system32\setupapi.dev.log

paulrobbo
Token Ring
Views: 248
Message 9 of 11

I've now done a full wipe & clean reinstall of Win 10 Enterprise 64 Bit on the ThinkPad and ran Vantage again, it works now.

WinVersion 1809, build 17763.379

No further action needed. Thanks for all your help.

Paul
shootemall
What's DOS?
Views: 223
Message 10 of 11

It's not solved. I have the same problem but I don't want to reinstall Windows... tried many things like install-IMC and I have the Red L i devices but in device manager i have code 31 error on SIF. It was running smoothly and suddenly now i have a problem with this...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors