Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phoenix55b
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,264
Message 1 of 46

Levono Yoga 730-13 WiFI constantly disconnects

After two months, I have reached the end of my rope.

Even with the latest driver and BIOS updates, my 730 constantly loses wifi.

It can vary from simply saying everything is connected with no connection to connected with no internet to no connections available.

A reboot solves the issue for a time, but it will start again.

Yes, I have followed every troubleshooting step on the internet with the same results.

I have finally lowered myself to looking for a replacement PCI Express Mini Card for Wireless LAN for a brand new computer.  The "white list" is blank under Item 5 which should list compatible WLAN Modules.

Tech Support is worthless as they try to blame it on my home wifi.  I have 2 wifi's at home and one at work and the issue persists.

I am writing this by tethering my laptop to my phone as this is the only way it will stay connected long enough to post.

If anyone knows a compatible WLAN Module aside from the Realtek, please let me know.

Rene001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,129
Message 2 of 46

Re: Levono Yoga 730-13 WiFI constantly disconnects

Hi,

well - i got the same problem. I didn't tried to contact the Lenovo-Support yet, because i guessed that they'll blame my WiFi Smiley Very Happy

You can try to disable Bluetooth and the chance is high, that you're having a better time. This is the way i actually handle it. This is of course no solution, even on such a pricey device.

BTW: It's a known problem with the Realtek RTL8822BE (google for it, you will find issues with HP, Asus, Lenovo with many different Operating Systems (Windows 8/10, Ubuntu). I even tried to configure the Device to use only 5GHz (to prevent interferencing with 2,4GHz Bluetooth) or other Options in question of antenna-configuration.

Now i have to decide - stable WLAN or Bluetooth... So using the Pen and WLAN is a pain in the ... Its disappointing; I would replace the card by a Intel-Card (imho best stability), at the moment i'm looking for a AC9260, but i don't know, if it is whitelisted Smiley Sad

You can simulate the Problem on every OS:

- Start a Command Prompt / Terminal

- ping your gateway (or google, but i think then somebody will blame your internet-connection Smiley Wink ).

- watch as every 10-20th ping is lost. If you're lucky, less is lost, but the answer times are very high (>1000ms).

Now try the same procedure with Bluetooth off and there are no more package losses.

I try to investigate this problem further, but i think i will not be happy with this WLAN-card.

My Yoga is a 730-15ikb, but i think the WLAN-Hardware is the same.

Phoenix55b
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,123
Message 3 of 46

I finally talked to tech support and they are sending me a box to return it for repair.

Rene001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,095
Message 4 of 46

Keep us (or me Smiley Very Happy) informed.

I think, you will get the same Adapter, but maybe you're lucky.

Today I tried this Adapter and it worked well: Intel AC 8260NGW. Actually this is pointless because this Adapter doesn't support Bluetooth, but there was no Problem booting the Machine. So I guess the Vendor is whitelisted, but can only confirm this for this adapter and the 15ikb!

The other way round it means for me: The Cause for the Problem is the Adapter - all other Devices and the Yoga itself with the right Adapter work well with my WiFi.

Next Step for me is to get the AC9260, but in Germany this piece is out of Stock everywhere. I hope that this will solve the problem (at least for me).

Phoenix55b
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,084
Message 5 of 46

I have heard the Intel 8265 NGFF works, but I can't vouch for that.

Rene001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,014
Message 6 of 46

Today I got my AC9260 - Everyone having WiFi-Problems should buy one Smiley Very Happy

Wifi just works as expected with (!) Bluetooth activated. No Booting-Issues (Intel seems to be on the Whitelist, or maybe there is no Black-/Whitelistening?!), and most significant: No Package Loss after 7 Hours pinging.

now i'm able to (theoretically) tranfer data with 1.73 Gbps and this for <20$. It's a shame to have to upgrade the Hardware of a brand new Device, but now I'm happy. Now there is only one question open for me: Can I charge the 15ikb by usb-c with a 90W-Adapter, but i'll ask for this in a seperate Thread Smiley Wink

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 15,996
Message 7 of 46

Hi Rene001,

Thanks for reaching us here in our community forums.

We searched further and can see that the USB-PD is not tested in our products. Our products are tested for generic used and we cannot guarantee that it will work the way you wanted. Let us know if you need further help. 

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Phoenix55b
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,995
Message 8 of 46

I'm sorry, but what does the USB-PD have to do with the wifi issue?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 15,983
Message 9 of 46

Hi Phoenix55b,

Sorry for the confusion, my bad. My reply was intended for Rene001's post about the Lenovo Yoga 730-15ikb Charge with USB-PD topic. Things got mixed up with replying to the threads.

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Phoenix55b
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,931
Message 10 of 46

So I got my Yoga 730 back from repair and it now has the Intel 8265 and works perfectly. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors