Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
multiplebaboons
Fanfold Paper
Views: 177
Message 1 of 3

Light bleed on C930

Hi all,

I have a brand new C930 (purchased from BestBuy about 1.5 months ago) and it bleeds light like crazy around the corners (attached). This is bleed, not IPS glow. I thought I'd get used to it, but it's just impossible, especially when watching a movie with dark scenes. I don't think I've ever seen light bleed like this, let alone on a laptop at this price point. Is there anything that can be done, or do I just drop a few hundred off the purchase price and dump it to Craigslist? I mean, it appears that Lenovo considers stuff like this acceptable: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht503508

Any ideas? Thanks!

IMG_20190215_004036.jpg

sj-monday
Fanfold Paper
Views: 127
Message 2 of 3

Re: Light bleed on C930

The Lenovo support article you linked states that it should only be visible during the boot stages, which is clearly not the case for you as it's ruining your experience watching movies.

I own a C930 (4K panel) and there is no backlight bleed at all. My personal opinion is that you should pursue a warranty claim.

multiplebaboons
Fanfold Paper
Views: 107
Message 3 of 3

Re: Light bleed on C930

Well, that link says it should be visible pretty much on any dark background, including their own photo, which is hardly the boot screen. My photo is of the main test on lightbleedtest.com, which is certainly not during boot. 

The funny part is that if you lightly squeeze the screen around the corners, the bleed disappears. Outstanding engineering there.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors