cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnoyedAtBattry
What's DOS?
Views: 307
Message 1 of 1

Lonovo Yoga 900-13isk: Is there any way to turn off battery unseating via power button?

After spending another harrowing half hour trying to get my computer to boot, I have to ask: is there a way to turn off the battery unseat via power button thing?

In case my description of the issue is unclear (it may be), here's the situation: I actually carry my laptop places.  I know, portable computer being ported around, weird right?  Well, since lonovo decided we can't access our battery, they gave us a way to 'unseat' or 'disconnect' it, holding the power button down for 20 s or so.  Of course, this causes a lot of people to do this on accident and think their machne is broken.  Of course, allowing us to actually remove the battery would be a better  option, but we're sorta past that now.

Anyhow, the issue I have is sometimes the battery unseat command is sent as a result of me walking places with the computer in my backpack.  As in, I get places, and the computer will not boot... and sometimes even the standard 'press for 20, plug in, boot' process fails.  Anyhow, just spent the last half hour trying to boot this thing... it finally worked, BUT I would love to know... is there a way to disable this 'feature'?  As in, is there a way to prevent the computer from disconnecting the battery via a power button press and hold sequence?  If so, please let me know, it would save me a lot of trouble.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors