Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

05-13-2018

Germany

26 Signins

221 Page Views

• Views: 221
  • Message 1 of 4

Internal microphone stops working after connecting wired headphones or Bluetooth device

2021-02-23, 9:46 AM

Yet another error that really annoys me with my new device: Whenever I connect wired or Bluetooth headphones the internal microphone just stops working - even the wired microphone does not work. Before that the microphone works. For it to work again, I have to deactivate and reactivate the internal microphone in the i/o BIOS options ...

I am using a Yoga Slim 7 14ITL05 82A3002RGE, am on the latest BIOS version and have updated all of the drivers. I am on the latest Windows build: Win 10 20H2 build number 19042.804.

Is this laptop riddled with little quirks - like the other problem I have regarding Thunderbolt-connection? Should I just try it with a reinstall?

I was baffled as I first started the notebook, as it had a lot of devices installed it didn't have: some Intel HD gpu, a driver for a nvidia MX350 with geforce experience installed and some other stuff I gladly deleted via DDU ... Maybe this was a notebook that got serviced and that is the way they do it - just dump all of the drivers the notebook class "could" have, but clearly there are some problems attached to this. 

Options

19 Posts

05-13-2018

Germany

26 Signins

221 Page Views

• Views: 221
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Internal microphone stops working after connecting wired headphones or Bluetooth device

2021-02-24, 9:43 AM

Sooo, the Elevoc Vocplus-thingie was at fault - after deactivating this, microphone works fine. Seems like a rather odd software solution as it seems to check for input noise once and then just flies on with a dead levelled microphone ...

Options

4397 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

354 Signins

33652 Page Views

• Views: 33652
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Internal microphone stops working after connecting wired headphones or Bluetooth device

2021-02-24, 13:37 PM

Hello @Astfgl!

Nice to have you here!

Glad to know that the issue's been sorted out now.

This will be useful to other users here who's also experiencing the same issue.

Feel free to post here again at the Community Forums!

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

2 Posts

09-01-2021

Australia

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-09-01, 0:48 AM

With online conference (Zoom Teams etc) I needed my microphone to pick up playing a particular instrument to the group. The smart microphone has to be setup to environmental mode each time as it nearly mutes completely the instrument playing but voice is OK. As I like the idea of the filtering however having to physically turn it off each time is a nuisance. I would prefer the smart microphone not default to private mode each time. 

Is there a setting that can take this default off and leave it in the 'Environmental Mode" ? I do not want to remove the Smart Microphone but if I can resolve this problem, I will remove the Elevoc program.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms