cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fp42
What's DOS?
Views: 23,391
Message 1 of 2

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86): A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++...

When you have time, I need help badly fixing a problem with Visual C++

I am instructed to download: "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)" 

and I get the error: "A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine."

I need this to display proper graphics, or my graphics just get cut off on simple text sometimes. The developer and users on the app instruct to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86), to make the graphics work.

I tried to find the following link in registry to delete  the registry key, but there is no visual studio present in microsoft, unless I'm blind... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\ 

My computer is below.

Yoga 700-14ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Machine Type 80QD

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 23,384
Message 2 of 2

Re: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86): A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++

The key you need to backup, and then delete, is the following 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio

Once you browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio   right click on the VisualStudio key and select Export, select a name for the backup and a safe location to save the backup, and then select OK.

You can also try the fix tool linked in the information below from this Microsoft KB article

Refer the link below and run the fixit tool available, check if you can uninstall all the versions of Microsoft Visual C++ from the computer and later reinstall the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ on the computer.

Diagnose and fix program installing and uninstalling problems automatically

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555

Good Luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors