Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ikeossai
Fanfold Paper
Views: 209
Message 1 of 3

Mobile Hotspot can't start sharing.

I dont understand this mobile hotspot for my lenovo yoga 500 14ibd. Sometimes when u click on 'start sharing'  it works but most of the time it doesn't. Whenever i click on start sharing it will pop up an administive window permission i dont understand. i took a screen shot of it and attached it with this messege pls look and tell me wat to do

Guru
Views: 159
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mobile Hotspot can't start sharing.

Looks like you'll need to change your user type to administrator. Here's the steps. 

1. Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Control Panel.
  2. Click Change account type.

3. Click the user account you want to change.
  4. Click Change the account type.

5. Select Administrator.
  6. Click the Change Account Type button to complete the task.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

ikeossai
Fanfold Paper
Views: 149
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mobile Hotspot can't start sharing.

Thanks for the concern. but i ve only one account which is administrator by defualt hence i can't select the standard option. the problem still exist- administrative permission.  i attached the screenshot for you to see.

But i notice something, my lenovo profile name which is this site profile name is different from my system account name and somehow  lenovo parkages in  the system and this site have created an account for the system with this website profile name  as  administrator. I deleted the account, rename my system account to this profile name and click 'start sharing' it tries to share but could not complete the process so it remains in the process for a long time, i have to close the lenovo setting application and restart the system.  finally the problem still persist- "administrative permissiom"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors