Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astrodoc
Paper Tape
Views: 352
Message 1 of 2

More battery/ power management questions

I am still puzzled by how this laptop handles battery charging/ power management etc. I have a Yoga 730 , Win 10. First I noticed that it would be plugged in and not charging at 95% and I understand this is a Windows 10 thing from my last post on this. So fine, it would go from 95% to 100% back and forth no problem everything good for the last month. Now the charge has dropped to 89% and it says "plugged in, charging" but it has been like that for days and does not increase the charge. The light next to the charging port stays amber colored. I checked all my power management settings. I do not have it on battery save option and the slider is set to "better performance". No indication anywhere that there is a problem. All drivers, everything, is properly updated. So maybe this is just how it is and not to stress out out about it, although it's weird and I have never seen this in a laptop before, but I have seen posts where this same thing has happened and it is actually a hardware problem. So while this laptop is only a couple of months old I just want to make sure before warranty expires. 

Thanks

Astrodoc
Paper Tape
Views: 304
Message 2 of 2

Re: More battery/ power management questions

It appears that if I shut off the laptop completely and then charge , it charges normally. Ok so not likely a hardware problem. However no idea why the battery periodically drains in sleep mode or during use while the laptop is still plugged into AC power and says it's charging but doesn't increase charge value. Very strange

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors