cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgxpro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 643
Message 1 of 8

My Yoga 510-14IKB's battery wear level is 59% (2% drop from yesterday)!

Hi, my ~2 year old battery's full capacity in a Lenovo Yoga 510-14IKB has been dropped from 52500mWh to below 22000mWh by the time I noticed it yesterday. In less than 24 hours since I noticed this it lost another ~2%! Other than the ridiculous capacity it works fine, I can't observe rapid discharge, sudden drops, or insufficient recharge. That's why it wasn't obvious to notice this. What can I do? In BIOS, or anywhere else? I couldn't find any process for e.g. calibration in Lenovo Vantage (like it was written in previous posts related to its predecessor the Onekey Optimizer). I'm shocked at the extent of the wear...

I also installed Lenovo Diagnostics, but it failed:

Final Result Code:
W3AEB1WLT8RU-PTXSRB

Result Code:WBA0000100001-RN8WME

Resource type:
Battery
Index:
Name:
PABAS0241231
Chemistry:
Lithium-ion
Manufacturer:
LG
Serial number:
Design voltage:
11.418 Volts
Full charge capacity:
21240 mWh (1860 mAh)
Design capacity:
52500 mWh (4598 mAh)
Driver version:

11/20/2018 2:01:38 PM - Battery Health Test
Failed (0s)

11/20/2018 2:01:38 PM - Message: Relative capacity: 0.404571

11/20/2018 2:01:38 PM - Error: Your battery has a lower then expected relative capacity.

Pls help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 607
Message 2 of 8

Re: My Yoga 510-14IKB's battery wear level is 59% (2% drop from yesterday)!

Hi Jgxpro! Welcome to our forums community. The issue seems to be a hardware failure. We suggest you to get in touch with our support through this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/lu/en/supportphonelist?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 so they can further assist you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
jgxpro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 601
Message 3 of 8

Hi, thx for your reply! First earlier today I settled on the same conclusion (even ordered a new battery), but since I posted here I've investigated a bit further. I never let my devices powered by Li-Ion batteries get under 10-20% level of charge. But after investigating many related problems I started to feel that a recalibration of the battery would be one of the last things I could try before the ultimate hardware solution: replacement (I can still call that off I think). So I started the process and tried to fully discharge the battery - BUT when it reached 6%, it has stayed there! It says '6% 12 mins left' for well over half an hour now... It's close to midnight here, so I won't be able to do the full discharge as I have no clue what's the real charge level of my battery, but tomorrow I'll try to follow e.g. this full process (if you don't offer a better alternative based on the new info): https://www.thewindowsclub.com/manually-calibrate-battery-of-windows-laptops
Or do you have any other ideas to correct this glitch? (yep, it's still solid 6% even after finishing this post...)

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 589
Message 4 of 8

We can also try performing a battery gauge reset using the Lenovo Vantage,

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081 (Hardware Settings>Power>Battery Gauge)

Update us how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

jgxpro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 588
Message 5 of 8

Thx, I'd gladly do that, if I could find the option in the menu to do so... That was the reason I installed Vantage today to help me in this problem. Do you know where I can switch language to ENG? Because I can't find your recommendation in the menu in my language: I can get to the Hardware, then Power menu, but I don't have a comparable option that matches your recommended one (Battery Gauge).

In Hardware settings/Power I have (rough translations): 

- Power supply status

- Storage Mode

- Quick charge

- Continuously operating USB

- Lenovo Vantage Toolbox

- Other (redirects to Control Panel)

... (Battery is still on 6% percent level...)

Update: for me this didn't help: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Pre-Installed-Lenovo-Software/Battery-Gauge-toolbar-missing-from-Vantag...

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 539
Message 6 of 8

Based on the all the details that you have provided, it indicates that there is a battery failure already. We recommend calling our phone support in Hungary at 36-23-801-729, 9:00 -18:00 Monday -Friday. Or, you can reach out to our authorized service center:

Name: TMX Mobile Solution
Phone number: 267-3939773, 72217984
Address: 2040 Kinizsi utca 2/B, Budaörs Hungary
Working hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Let us know if you need additional help.

jgxpro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 532
Message 7 of 8

Hi guys,

fyi I contacted the service centre, I wait for their reply. BUT it's not that simple. I'm in the process of making another full cycle:

With low usage my battery went from 100% to 6% in ~ 3,5 hour, then it stayed at 6% for 3 hours with even less workload if possible (just visible screen only a diagnostic program ran besides some processes in the background, no wifi) as I tried to be precise with the calibration process for 2,5 hours, then half an hour of gaming in the end to finish off, because I needed to hurry and I didn't expect it to last this long!
Actually, if we add the 2 durations to each other (6,5 hours including half an hour gaming) the overall time isn't that bad to call this battery totally faulty... Well, if I push it harder this duration surely drops significantly, but still seems bearable... It's strange that the figures fpr capacity hasn't changed during my last attempt, but the juice seems to be there... Now I'm waiting for full recharge to 100%, this time with the laptop off. 

jgxpro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 510
Message 8 of 8

Hi guys, 
I ended my 3rd version of calibration trial (still manually, still no solution for having no option 'Battery Gauge Reset' in Lenovo Vantage...):
1. Full charge

2. Discharge to 4% (forced hibernation occurs for me here, depends on setting), then switch back on laptop to complete discharge to 0% till it switches off

3. Immedately start recharge - with the laptop remaining OFF!! for a much longer period than usual, this time I've let it to charge for 4,5 hours. (Possible explanation: towards full charge the laptop slows down recharging significantly, even if it believes that full charge is close and that's not the reality. Let's give it time; I might wait even more next time.)

Final result: my wear level improved back from the minimum of 60% to 17%! I guess it's acceptable for an almost 2-year-old battery, at least it's much better than it was.

Overall assessment of support: I appreciate at least the intention, but I felt that you would have 'dumped' me to the service centre too soon. Do you know the consequences? A costly, timely examination if I don't accept their repair offer, while if I accept it the new battery would have costed me much more in money and time (lost days) without my laptop for work... That's why first I wanted to exhaust all other options I could. The exception was Hector's advice supporting my suspicion, though in which I would've needed further assistance, as Lenovo Vantage on my laptop lacks the recommended feature. With time investment and uncertainty I found the solution in a situation I've never met, but if I'm not this persistent, I would have been driven away to a much less favorable scenario... At least,thanks for your helpful attitude, I appreciate it.

Lenovo Diagnostics tool:
 Battery
Result Code:WBA0000100000-RN8WMG

UDI:
bat

Resources:

Resource type:
Battery
Index:
Name:
PABAS0241231
Chemistry:
Lithium-ion
Manufacturer:
LG
Serial number:
Design voltage:
12.631 Volts
Full charge capacity:
43070 mWh (3409 mAh)
Design capacity:
52500 mWh (4156 mAh)
Driver version:

11/22/2018 10:03:49 AM - Battery Health Test - Passed (0s)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors