Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elispab
Paper Tape
Views: 2,170
Message 1 of 4

My new Yoga 910 is not working (SOLVED)

Please, someone help me. My computer, Yoga 910, that i bought on April stopped working. I don't know what happened, suddenly is not working anymore. It was working fine the last time i used, but now is not turning on. I tried to charge but did not turn on the light.

Best

Elis

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,152
Message 2 of 4

Re: My new Yoga 910 is not working

There's a lot of things that could be amiss, here. First thing I see is that the indicator light doesn't illuminate when you connect the power supply.  So, this could be a bad PS or the PS is not getting AC.  Have you tested the electrical socket the PS is plugged into or have you tried this with a known-working recepticle?  Do you have another PS? (I keep a spare for traveling). Trouble with the USB-C power supplies is that you can't just test them with a voltmeter like you can the old-school power supplies. Only easy way I can think of to test a PS without opening it up is if you have another USB-C powered device, such as a phone or tablet. 

I assume you've already tried to start it using the OneKey button. 

The only other thing I can think to try before suggesting this is a hardware or battery failure is to have you disconnect the Power Supply and hold the power button down for a good 30 seconds. Then reconnect the power supply, wait a minute and try to start the computer using OneKey. If nothing happens, not even a flicker of the power or charging indicators, then you're probably looking at sending it in. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
elispab
Paper Tape
Views: 2,142
Message 3 of 4

Thank you very much for your reply!
I tried to press the start button for about 30 seconds and it didn't work in the first attempt. But, I saw in another topic a reply for a problem similar to mine and the solution suggested was to press the reset button. So, after the third attempt of press the reset button plus the start button for 30'', it worked and now the computer is working very weel. I still don't know what happened, the computer was fully charged.
Once again, thank you!!!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,136
Message 4 of 4

Technically, that's not a reset button. It's your OneKey Recovery (OKR) button. But I'm glad it worked.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors