10-29-2019 04:42 AM
I have a Lenovo Yoga 730-13IKB.
After trying to upgrade some drivers, the touchpad stopped working.
It is enabled (I checked that), but doesn't seem to be even recognized by my Windows 10 installation anymore.
Running diagnostics through the Lenovo tools didn't help either :-(
10-29-2019 05:42 AM
There are many possible solution you should try.
1. Always verify and install driver updates from device manufacturer website, please visit
Do not update drivers from Windows Update because some updates terminates driver compatibility, even if you bought new laptop.
2. Shut down your computer, turn on and press F2 continuesly unless BIOS menu not open, after open BIOS menu, find and change touchpad setting.
3. May be touchpad has disabled by any funtion key, for example :- if touchpad logo appears in F6 button, then directy press or press Fn+F6.
4. May be some files driver software has corrupted, so uninstall update from device manager, after uninstall reboot and test.
After uninstall and reboot you can install touchpad driver from official manufacturer website.
5. Open command prompt as administrator, type following commands one-by-one, press ENTER and wait for some minutes:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
After complete process, restart computer.(This step provided because in rare case, driver copatibility may terminated by Malware)
6. If you created "system restore point" earlier, then use this using advance option(press and hold SHIFT button and select "restart" in power menu to restart in advance option).
7. If non of above them help, then reset in last option. After reset, everything will work fine.