Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ysn_chy
What's DOS?
Views: 207
Message 1 of 2

Need VGA driver for Yoga 720-13IKB Windows 8.1

Hi,

I can' t connect an external monitor and some applications are not displayed correctely. I can't also modify screen resolution on my Yoga 720-13IKB Windows 8.1 , it is set by default to  1920 x 1080.

I tried to download Intel VGA driver from Lenovo driver website but I only find the driver targeted to windows 10 which deosn't work after installation 

Please does someone knows a workaround or can provide me a link to download VGA driver for windows 8.1 ?

Many thanks 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 196
Message 2 of 2

Re: Need VGA driver for Yoga 720-13IKB Windows 8.1

Intel has a site for legacy drivers. From the looks of it, nothing Win 8, though IIRC, Windows 8 was supposed to work with Windows 7 drivers, though I recall limited success with that. 

You could also go into device manager and uninstall the device. Windows should see it upon reboot and go find the right driver, automatically.

Honestly, as I've told a lot of friends with Windows 8.1 machines, upgrading to Windows 10 is a good move. I tell those with Windows 7 to stay right where they are. I have two Win 10 machines. The rest are Win 7.  The one Windows 8.1 computer I had wound up with the hard drive removed and sold off for parts.  Just sayin.'

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors