Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
castif
Blue Screen Again
Views: 428
Message 1 of 5

Need an enclosure, not sure what to buy. Yoga 900s

Hello. I recently purchase the Yoga 900s with 256GB PCIe SSD. This is my first experience with an SSD. I had to send the pc for warranty repair due to a faulty speaker and "r" key. Lenovo did not have parts available so offered to replace the unit and return my hard drive. I need to get my data off the original and believe I need to purchase an enclosure but after hours of research, am still not sure which type of enclosure I need to get (or if there is an alternative solution). I greatly appreciate any assistance that can be provided. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 420
Message 2 of 5

Re: Need an enclosure, not sure what to buy. Yoga 900s

First, let me say I have not used this product, but I have used a very similar one to work with SATA format M.2 cards.  I have one of these on order, but it hasn't come yet. I use them to test drives without mounting them in a machine.  I am not recommending a particular seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-2-NGFF-PCIe-SSD-6Gbps-to-USB-3-0-Converter-Adapter-Enclosure-Case-B-Key-/2...

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
castif
Blue Screen Again
Views: 377
Message 3 of 5

Thanks...was actually looking at the same on Amazon. I will try it out.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 366
Message 4 of 5

What appears to be the same device on Amazon says this:  "Please note that it supports SATA-based B Key SSD only. It does NOT support PCI-E based B key & any M key SSD"

As I read it that won't work with an NVMe SSD.

Let us know how it goes.  I'm looking for one of these too.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

castif
Blue Screen Again
Views: 364
Message 5 of 5

Thank you. Yes I saw the fine print just before I almost ordered. I have searched everywhere for one of the adapters for M key NVMe to no avail. I too would love to know if anyone finds one. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors