09-15-2016 12:09 PM
Thanks in advance for any help. I desperately need help or tips. I own a Lenovo laptop [Lenovo - Yoga 2 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Black] . Two days ago, it turned black and I have done all Lenovo suggests and it is still dead. What it does is that it turns on for 1 or 2 seconds ( The keyboard lights up and the fan spins ), then it turns itself off. Regardless what I do, it does the same thing.
I have done the following things and none of them works. It just shuts itself off regardless:
1. Take the battery out and hold the power key for 30 seconds and then reboot.
2. Start the computer with the one-key recovery button.
3. Hold the power key down for 30 seconds and then hold down Shift + F8 Key. Then release power key.
4. Try to start with F1 key to got to Bios ( no luck ).
5. Use a micro HDMI port to connect to an external monitor and reboot.
6. Disconnet SSD both or one at a time and then reboot.
7. Clean the internal fan, board, keyboard ... etc and then reboot.
I believe that it has something to do with Windows Anniversary Update. Currently it has Windows 10 on it. I am not sure what the machine is doing. It always has a black screen. The funny thing is that I took both SSD cards out and it has a black screen. I think that most PCs will say something like 'No bootable device' or at least let you see the dos screen where you can see something. This one is JUST BLACK SCREEN.
Any ideas? Too bad that I am out of Lenovo warranty.