cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe_c930
Paper Tape
Views: 819
Message 1 of 5

Need help connecting Yoga 910 13IKB with 1 USB C & 1 USB 3.0 port to dual external HDMI monitors

Connected an IOGear compact dock to the laptop's USB C. 

Connected monitor #1 to the dock's HDMI port.

Connected an HDMI cable to monitor #2 and used an HDMI to mini display port adapter to connect to the docks mini diplay port.

I used the "Extend Display" setting on the laptop.

I can only get display on the laptop monitor and one of the external monitors.  I can't get the display to work on both external monitors.  Second external monitor is not detected.  Help please. 

I am told that a plugable usb type c docking station would work, it has two "Disply ++ Ports".  Suggestion is to use an HDMI to DP++ cable to connect to the dual external monitors. Haven't tried it yet, does anyone know whether that'll work?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 818
Message 2 of 5

Re: Need help connecting Yoga 910 13IKB with 1 USB C & 1 USB 3.0 port to dual external HDMI moni

Easier still is to just use an HDMI splitter.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
joe_c930
Paper Tape
Views: 788
Message 3 of 5

Re: Need help connecting Yoga 910 13IKB with 1 USB C & 1 USB 3.0 port to dual external HDMI moni

Hi Guru, could I use a USB C to HDMI Cable to connect my laptop to an HDMI splitter and have two external monitors connect to the splitter?
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 764
Message 4 of 5

As long as you go with the ViewHD brand, you should be good to go. I have a 1X4 HDMI splitter I jack the computer into (via Trendnet USB-C to HDMI dongle) so whatever video I'm streaming runs to all the displays on the ground floor. Seems to work just fine. Occasionally, I'll have to reboot the splitter or the TV or the computer, but it'll eventually all work.

NOTE: all the displays are 1080p.  4k would be a whole 'nuther ballgame.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
rfmorris
Paper Tape
Views: 753
Message 5 of 5

My setup (Yoga 920 & HooToo Shuttle) was working perfectly & reliably before the latest windows update a week ago. Since then I have struggled a lot. Unfortunately, the setup still works about 1 out of 20 times that the port is plugged in. I spent an hour on the phone with support... no joy. I'm hoping others have this problem so that they come up with a solution. (I tried 2 USBC video adapters, one with USB ports, one without, both work fine other places but not here anymore.) Case in point... I unplugged the HooToo to read the model #... when I plugged it in, it started working after not working the last 5 times I plugged it in this morning.... sigh...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors