cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exel
Paper Tape
Views: 4,576
Message 1 of 8

New Intel HD4400 drivers for Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro?

Intel has new drivers for the HD4400 graphics chipset that's supposed to fix a bunch of issues and that's downloadable from Intel's website. Intel's update utility identifies the drivers as compatible with Yoga 2 Pro, but when attempting to install the installer aborts itself and tells the user to acquire the drivers from the "manufacturer", i.e. Lenovo.

When I check on the Lenovo site, however, there are only drivers dated October 2013.

In graphics driver age that's ancient.

So when is Lenovo allowing its Yoga 2 Pro users to update their HD4400 drivers, which in Oct 2013 were rather broken?

I'm talking about inadequate resolution scaling for the Yoga 2 Pro's high-res screen in some games, for instance, which is a pretty big issue to left unfixed. Meanwhile the Intel Update Manager that came with the Yoga 2 Pro's software bundle cannot, as of May 2014, even connect itself to the net to check for updates for whatever reason.

wankel7
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,560
Message 2 of 8

Re: New Intel HD4400 drivers for Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro?

Uninstall the "Intel Graphics Driver" in control panel. Once you uninstall the ones that came with the Y2P you will be able to install the new drivers.

wilkster
802.11n
Views: 4,531
Message 3 of 8

Note, you do NOT need to check the box to remove the driver files when uninstalling the driver. That way the old driver is still around as a backup.

exel
Paper Tape
Views: 4,501
Message 4 of 8

Worked for me. Thanks.

Though it's rather inexplicable why the Intel Update Manager failed to do the same.

wankel7
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,292
Message 5 of 8

I was messing around with the power saving features with the Intel Software.

Y2P (Power profile is my own doing)

-CPU @ .7Ghz

-Brightness @ one button press below 50% on the slider bar

-CPU utilization 0-1%

-Keyboard led off

-Wifi on

Panel Self refresh off

Extended battery life for gaming off

Display power saving off

= 5,600 mWh

Panel Self refresh on

Extended battery life for gaming on

Display power saving on (slider to max battery)

= 4,600 mWh

I didn't get any screen flicker but I only had it on those settings for 10 or 15 minutes

As I am typing this post with one tab in Firefox open it is running at 6,600 mWh. Windows reporting 4:22 Hr and 52% battery remaining.

Above measured with Performance Monitor .

mashuto
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,237
Message 6 of 8

wankel, are you using the latest intel 4400 drivers? And what settings do you think specifically allowed the flicker to disapear?

I have installed intel drivers before, but always end up going back to the old lenovo drivers because the brightness levels flicker a bit. Even with the adaptive brightness settings off.

Also, you seem to have all your settings geared towards extending battery life. I find that in all but the darkest rooms, I need brightness up close to the top for the screen to be usable.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,222
Message 7 of 8

Guys, go to the power settings> battery and turn off all power saving feature.

admsteck
Punch Card
Views: 4,079
Message 8 of 8

Does anyone know what is gained/lost by replacing the Lenovo supplied drivers with the latest from Intel?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors