Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raphy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,276
Message 1 of 9

New Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro has laggy/choppy scrolling

Hello,

I just got the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro 13.3" Touchscreen Ultrabook - (Intel Core i5-4210U) last week. I need it for college, mostly for reading ebooks and PDF files... but also for HTML coding, photoshop, illustrator, and after effects. 

However, I am having lagging problems when reading ebooks, and PDF files (on Adobe Reader). When I scroll the scrolling is choppy, slow and laggy. Is there a way to make the scrolling smoother? This problem happens both in tablet and laptop mode. The scrolling is fine when I'm on the internet or using another software, it mostly happens on PDF files and ebooks

If there is no way of fixing this I'll have to return the laptop because it is very annoying and I cannot focus on my studies with it. Smiley Sad

EDIT: Just to clarify the lag/choppy scrolling happens BOTH when using the trackpad and when using the touchscrean display. When I open a PDF it is automatically choppy and laggy. Smiley Frustrated

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,253
Message 2 of 9

Re: New Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro has laggy/choppy scrolling

Could be that you are opening a big PDF, the PDF has lots of pictures, or you have a slow PDF rendering program.

Nitro and Foxit are both good, but super slow to rendiers some pdfs.... Acrobat reader sucks but, renders well.

Raphy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,247
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think it's because of a big PDF. Even if I open a course outline which is 4 pages long it is laggy/choppy when scrolling. The page renders and opens up really fast though. It is only a problem when scrolling.

So are you saying it's a problem with Adobe Reader and not the actual laptop? I never had this problem on any other laptop/computer and I alwayd used Adobe reader.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,241
Message 4 of 9

Try using an external mouse. Could be a Synaptic driver issue. I know the one that comes with the yoga sticks!

If it works fine on USB mouse, then I will tell you how to fix it.
Raphy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,231
Message 5 of 9

Just tried with a wireless mouse. It's a little better but still choppy.

Raphy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,227
Message 6 of 9

I actually downloaded Foxit and the scrolling is not choppy. But Foxit doesn't work well with tablet mode. Is there another pdf reader that works better? Or maybe I can adjust some settings on Adobe Reader to stop the choppiness. 

EDIT: So I found another pdf viewer that was already installed on my lenovo. It's called 'Reader' and it works amazing. So fast and smooth. So you were right that Adobe Reader is slow and a peice of **bleep**!

wpcoe
Punch Card
Views: 4,215
Message 7 of 9

Maybe you could try Nitro's free PDF viewer? It has been years since I used Adobe's PDF reader, and I used to use Foxit until I started having problems with it (can't remember now what.)  Since I've been using Nitro I have had no problems.  And, I just opened a .PDF file on my Y2P, went into portrait tablet mode and it scrolled just fine.

Views: 4,212
Message 8 of 9

I tried that too and it didn't work well when I put it on full screan mode. Like I said above, I tried a program simply called 'Reader' and it works amazing.

Raphy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,206
Message 9 of 9

If anyone was wondering, here's the link to 'Reader'. Best PDF viewer from all the ones I've been trying today.

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/reader/8a4ae377-a4ab-4260-9b80-f9382360e291

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors