12-13-2019

US

3 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 1 of 4

New Lenovo Yoga C740 Sunken Spacebar & Faulty Touchpad

2019-12-13, 4:35 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1He1H5UGMxLCDMDdeBZH-7U2PfZRf8R1U/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HdfrzeKFlK-dRhhBdLCgCZR83QQZUL9u/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HUioWvORwf0k4ei19q_q8av37s-G_A4L/view?usp=sharing

So I just got this laptop (Yoga C740) from the Black Friday sale. After days of delayed shipping, this is what I get barely an hour (!!) into using the laptop. The spacebar seems to be sunken, won't respond half the time and the other half, acts like it's continuously being pressed like in the videos. The touchpad also won't work properly. It was working fine during the Cortana setup, but when I actually tried to use the laptop, this happened.

I talked to Lenovo chat support but was unable to solve it. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Or is the answer just to return it?

Thanks.

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: New Lenovo Yoga C740 Sunken Spacebar & Faulty Touchpad

2019-12-13, 14:47 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community,

In regards to the situation, I would suggest that you have that replaced as it's a physical defect if you got it that way out of the box. This is not something that can be fixed over the phone. If the technical support over chat or phone already gave you a Service Request number, then you can contact Post sales for a replacement request. Contact them at 8774536686 Option 4 and then Option 2 and they are open from Mon - Fri / 9am - 7pm EST.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

12-13-2019

US

3 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-12-13, 16:31 PM

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Tech support didn't give me a Service Request number, just told me to contact sales, who then told me to contact Customer Service. I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone yet.

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-12-13, 19:38 PM

Hi ,

If they didn't give any service request, then you need to get in contact with them again to get one as Post Sales will ask you for it so they can process your request on their end and verify that the issue has been reported. You can schedule a callback from the link I gave you and wait for their call at your specified time. You can also do a chat again with a representative so you can get the Service Request right away.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save