Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sulu17
What's DOS?
Views: 1,953
Message 1 of 4

New Yoga 13 msata running at sata 3 speed

Hi Guys,

I got a new yoga 13 last week and was comparing it with samsung ATIV 700T that I already had. Both were good and I really liked the 700T but ended up returning it and kept the yoga. It's really nice and it's jack of all trade but the screen was too small to do real work and it did not fold back far enough to give good screen angle on my lap.

The sandisk U100 on the ATIV 700T was too slow and I replaced it with crucial M4 and it did speed up the tab but still it did not feel faster than yoga. From what I read here, the yoga's msata ports only run at sata2 speed so I thought ATIV 700T should be faster with Crucial M4.

However I just ran some benchmark on my yoga and the MSATA ssd is running at sata 3 speed. Both sissoft sandra and atto has max transfer speed at near 500MBPS!

Has something changed with these yogas? I am not complaining since ssd speed was one of reason that I wanted to keep the samsung tab. Now I have no regrets about returning the 700T.

Anyone else has yoga running at full sata3 speed?

dany28
What's DOS?
Views: 1,884
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Yoga 13 msata running at sata 3 speed

It's a very good info. Sata II on this machine blocking me to buy it. Can somebody confirm this ? How to recognize the version (serial number etc.) before buying ?

sulu17
What's DOS?
Views: 1,830
Message 3 of 4

Just for your info

after this I ran test couple of times and couple of times it ran at sata 2 speed. So I let it sit overnight and ran it again then it was back to sata 3 speed. Kind of strange.

I am now glad that I bought this instead of ativ 700t

Wizardd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,708
Message 4 of 4

Same thing I get. Reboot...get SATA 2 speeds, put it to sleep for a few seconds and I get SATA 3 speeds when I wake it back up. See my  benchmards in this thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-IdeaTab-Slate-Tablets/Yoga-13-mSata-storage-limit/m-p/1017531#M1...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors