cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DamienChaos
Punch Card
Views: 429
Message 1 of 2

New Yoga 13 - "BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER" upon resume?

Hi all,

I just picked up a refurbished Yoga 13 and the first time the device was opened, it displayed the personalization startup screen for a second, then immediately went to a BSOD and rebooted, then prompted me to restore the device.  I skipped this, rebooted back into Win8 and things seemed ok.  I closed the lid, left for a bit, then came back to start installing stuff on the device.  When I opened the lid, the same BSOD popped up again, with reboot into recovery.  Because I've had a great experience with the Lenovo Outlet in the past, I shrugged it off and went through the restore prompts, and did a full/complete reset/reinstall.

When the device rebooted, everything worked great!  I installed all of the windows updates, rebooted a few times, all without issue.  Then I closed the lid, grabbed some food, came back, opened it up and then that BSOD appeared again.  Thinking something may have went haywire with the updates, I did another complete restore, personalized, and let it settle into Windows.  I did no updates.  Then I closed the lid, waited 2 minutes, opened it...and no problem.  Then I closed it for about 30 mins; when I reopened BSOD again. 

So I rebooted back into that Win8 install and proceeded to update all of the drivers available on Lenovo's website (even if they had the same version # as the pre-installed driver on the Yoga).  Same problem...when suspended for any length of time, that same BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error shows up.  Updated the BIOS, same problem.  Used the Lenovo tool to unify the two SSD partitions into a single "C:" partition; same problem. 

Then, with the updated BIOS and partitions I restored/reinstalled Win8 again using the built in recovery tool.  Once again, without any updates, same problem resulted with the BSOD upon resume; always with that error code.

Other issues present off-and-on during this entire process were some graphics tearing/scrambling when rebooting after the error and, after the last re-installation of Win8, the on-screen keyboard does not automatically pop-up/retract in the Win8 Desktop, regardless of how the device is being used (tablet, tent, etc.). 

This really is a great machine and unfortunately they're sold out of the Outlet so I hate to send it back if this could be a software fix I'm missing.  Has anyone encountered anything like this previously?

Thanks in advance for your patience in reading the above, as well as any input you might have!

--DC

Highlighted
DamienChaos
Punch Card
Views: 395
Message 2 of 2

Re: New Yoga 13 - "BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER" upon resume?

As an update, I'm just sending back to Lenovo for repairs as their turnaround time is 7 days upon receipt.  Since the device is new, I have 21 days to return.  So, that's a comfortable margin to see if repairs can be made.

--DC

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors