Did you mean: 
Raven100
Paper Tape
Views: 1,300
Message 1 of 8

New Yoga 730 battery drains too fast

Hi,

This is my fist post here. 

I bough new Lenovo Yoga 730 a few days back. The battery life isn't even 3 hours. I have turned Background apps off, set it to Battery saver mode, still it is draining too fast. Is my notebook faulty? 

The screen brightness is also not very good. Unless I put it on 100% bright, the quality is poor. 

Thanks

Evgenyr
What's DOS?
Views: 1,255
Message 2 of 8

Re: New Yoga 730 battery drains too fast

Yes I have the same problem. I bought Lenovo yoga 730 and battery life maximum is 3.5-4 hours. It is not normally. I paid 1800$ for laptop with battery life is 4 hours.. ?????

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

jserinoc
Punch Card
Views: 1,232
Message 3 of 8

Same issue here. Bought mine about a month ago and battery performance is indeed subpar. I tried lowering the screen resolution to 2K and still was getting about 4 hours of battery. Not a huge issue for me as I am plugged 95% of the time, but still, would love to have the flexibility of leaving the charger home when I need to take it on the go. 

Best,

JC

cezarmed2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,193
Message 4 of 8

I have the same problem. I cant get more than 3 hours of SOT. I think i will take it back to the store. Now i have 62% with 1:20 h SOT.

PinguinNuke
Paper Tape
Views: 1,106
Message 5 of 8

I have a 720(15) and the same problem. All went well for a year and now i wont get more than 2-3 hours on battery. My only solution yet is to turn of the nividia grafiks in the bios an run only on the intel gpu. Then i return to the normal 6,7,8 hour batterylife...

Raven100
Paper Tape
Views: 1,083
Message 6 of 8

How do you do this? Can you point me to some YT video or link so that I can follow it. I am not very good technically.

PinguinNuke
Paper Tape
Views: 1,049
Message 7 of 8

for the moment i can just provide asupportlink how to disable it. as soon my video is online on youtube u get a link. i made quick screen record with my mobile. not the best quality but i should work. 
It is the first exemple:
https://support.lenovo.com/se/en/solutions/ht076090

PinguinNuke
Paper Tape
Views: 1,041
Message 8 of 8

I recorded my screen how you can get from Windows to the bios to the grafik settings.

Not the best quality but it should guide you.

My windows is in swedish. The simbols and everything else should be in the same spot.

Hope this solves your problem

https://youtu.be/VDXO-cfGvHQ

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors