Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SMR2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,434
Message 1 of 2

No Sound from the Yoga 910

Hello everyone i would appreciate some assistance.  I have a red cross by the speaker on my Yoga 910. I have checked the drivers. Despite downloading the Lenovo sourced realtek drivers there is still a yellow triangle warning on the item under the sound and other devices in the device management area.   There is also an error that says audio devices are not connected.   I have opened the laptop in safe mode (same problem), rebooted it numerous times, updated the drivers (they are up to date) and now I am wondering if there is indeed a physical connection issue rather than software issue.  Incidently when i plug in headphones they dont work.  I have checked on various websites to try and fix the problem.  Can someone offer up any solution?  If you do reply, please explain in plain english as I am not a computer expert but would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,380
Message 2 of 2

Re: No Sound from the Yoga 910

Try uninstalling the sound device.  Open Device Manager, expand "Sound, Video and Game Controllers." 

(make a note of everything that you see when you expand that. I'll get to that, later..)

Double-click on the RealTek High Definition Audio

Click the Driver tab

Select Uninstall device.

Apply and OK your way out of everything, then reboot the computer.

The computer should see the audio card on the reboot and reinstall it. 

Now, if you STILL have a red x by the speaker, list everything that was under Sound Controllers. Just in case an external device or program hasn't taken over.  I run Audials which has a nasty habit of changing the audio defaults on my 910. When that happens, I have to go into Sound Devices (right click the speaker) and reset the default to "speakers." 

Unless someone else has a better idea.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors