Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarrettVD
Paper Tape
Views: 549
Message 1 of 1

No signal on LCD display via HDMI to Yoga 2 Pro

I'm having some issues connecting my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro notebook running Windows 8.1 to a brand-new Acer G227HQL LCD display, via an Insignia Micro-HDMI to HDMI cable.  I simply cannot get any signal from the notebook to the display.  However, after taking a look in Windows' Device Manager, the display appears under the Monitors category as an additional Generic PnP Monitor; and similarily disappears when the cable is unplugged from the notebook.

This leads me to believe it may be an issue with the drivers.  I've done a bit of troubleshooting, all of which has been fruitless.  I've performed some troubleshooting prior to posting, which I will detail below.

I've tested the connection using multiple displays.  Shortly after connecting the notebook to the display, a generic "No Signal Detected" message appears and the display subsequently enters power-saving mode.  I've tested another LCD display -- an LG Flatron W2353V using the same Micro-HDMI to HDMI cable, and similarily no signal was detected.

The Micro-HDMI adapter is firmly connected to the port on the notebook.  After trawling through this support forum, it seems that there was an issue/defect with the Yoga 2 Pro's rubberized body impeding or otherwise completely inhibiting a firm connection.  This was not the case in my scenario, but regardless I filed about 2mm from the end of the Micro-HDMI end of the cable.  This unfortunately did not resolve the issue either.

I've upgraded the display adapter drivers using the latest available display driver from Lenovo (Intel Video Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro version 10.18.10.3496 - 8/12/2014) as well as drivers for the monitor from Acer.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.  Computer specs below:

• CPU is Intel Core i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 64-bit WIndows 8.1

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors