Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luizcanguini
Punch Card
Views: 249
Message 1 of 3

Nvidia x Integrated graphics card

Hello,

I would like to ask you, if I lose my Nvidia I still able to use the laptop with Integrated graphic only?

Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 228
Message 2 of 3

Re: Nvidia x Integrated graphics card

hi luizcanguini,

Looking at your previous posts, are you referring to the IdeaPad Z710 model? If yes and the  Z710 came with an Intel+Nvidia GPU then this uses the Nvidia Optimus technology to switch between the Integrated and discrete graphics.

I don't have a Z710 here with me for testing but ideally, there's an option in the BIOS to switch between UMA (Integrated Graphics) and Optimus (switchable graphics). In event that the Nvidia GPU is showing signs of failure, you can boot into the BIOS and temporarily disable the Nvidia GPU by changing the Graphic Device to UMA and still be able to use the laptop using the Integrated graphics.

Alternatively, you can also disable the Nvidia GPU under the Device Manager.

Article:

How to activate Nvidia Discrete Graphics Card in BIOS

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

luizcanguini
Punch Card
Views: 218
Message 3 of 3

Re: Nvidia x Integrated graphics card

Thank you again for your support.

Note: Sorry to do not put a laptop model.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors