Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mangosucker
Serial Port
Views: 1,731
Message 1 of 12

Office 365 activation on Yoga 920

I have tried for 2 full days to activate my office 365 subscription that I purchased with my Yoga 920.  I have searched and tried every solution I can find.  I even tried a suggested solution from Lenovo support without any luck.

Office is critically important for me to have and since it appears this laptop won't accept the Office subscription I purchased from Lenovo, is my only option to return the laptop and purchase another laptop?  Will Lenovo accept a return for this reason?  Will I have to pay a restocking fee since the product is obviously faulty?  Or do I try purchasing another office subscription directly from Microsoft to see if a subscription purchased directly from Microsoft will work on this laptop?  If it works then maybe I can get my money back for the subscription purchased from Lenovo.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,702
Message 2 of 12

Re: Office 365 activation on Yoga 920

Lenovo just sells the Microsoft's Office software and then sends MS our email address to associate with the subscription, so if Microsoft's activation is not working, exchanging the laptop will not solve the problem.

If you are getting the message "Sorry, we can't connect to your account. Please try again later", that is often due to your email address on record with Lenovo; which was linked to the Office 365 subscription, does not match the email address of the Microsoft Account being used to log onto your computer, thus the account associated with the office 365 subscription is not found.

If you have contacted Microsoft yet, I would recommend that you use this link to Contact Microsoft Support.    That link will just open up a virtual assistant, but if you type insupport phone number and press Enter, the virtual help will offer up options to schedule a callback, or open a live chat with a real person etc.    The Live Chat is where I would start.

Contact Microsoft Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Best of Luck,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,699
Message 3 of 12

I agree with the previous response.  You should be able to manage your office subscription through your microsoft account

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
mangosucker
Serial Port
Views: 1,686
Message 4 of 12

Every time I try to activate Office, it asks for a product key.  I have confirmed that windows was successful activated prior to my attempts to activate Office.

I confirmed my email for my subscription purchased through Lenovo matches the email for my Microsoft account.  I am signed into the laptop using that same Microsoft account.

I have contacted Microsoft and they have no record of my purchase from Lenovo in my Microsoft account.  I sent them screen shots with my proof of purchase from Lenovo.  They said this is definitely a Lenovo issue.  They can only assist if the subscription was purchased through them.

Lenovo is unable to provide a solution that works.  I have tried solutions offered in this community as well.

I don't know what choice I have other than returning the laptop.  I really need a laptop that has Office.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,682
Message 5 of 12

I have no experience with Ofice 365 that requires a key.  I have only dealt with user administration via microsoft account.  I'll try to find someone with experience 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,665
Message 6 of 12

It will only prompt for a key during online activation if the license purchased from Lenovo was not properly activated and registered to the customers email address for what ever reason.  It could be a problem on either end, but it is something that lenovo and Microsoft need to work out between themselves if Microsoft's systems indeed show no record of the sale of the license.

mangosucker
Serial Port
Views: 1,646
Message 7 of 12

Thanks.  Any idea who to call to get Lenovo and Microsoft to work this out?  I've already called Microsoft twice and Lenovo three times with no  activation success.   

If I purchased another subscription directly through Microsoft, it might be an easier process than trying to figure out how to get the two of them to communicate on this issue.  

mangosucker
Serial Port
Views: 1,644
Message 8 of 12

I just received an email from Lenovo telling me I need to wait for an email from Microsoft with activation instructions.

mangosucker
Serial Port
Views: 1,624
Message 9 of 12

We are in contact with a supervisor.  Maybe we can get somewhere!

mangosucker
Serial Port
Views: 1,585
Message 10 of 12

2 days ago, we were promised microsoft activation instructions would arrive in a few hours.  Still nothing.  It looks like we will have to return the Yoga and give another brand a try.  How difficult and lengthly is the return process with Lenovo?    

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors