cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aswinter05
What's DOS?
Views: 366
Message 1 of 4

Oncreen Keyboard randomly starts using "hot keys" or "shortcuts". Please help (Yoga 2 Pro)

This issue usually begins when I'm using the on screen keyboard.  Everything works perfectly fine and all of the sudden some of the letters on the keyboard will start defaulting to shortcuts.  For example, the "p" button will try to open a screen to allow me to set different displays or monitors.

Whenever I do a restart, the problem is resolved, however, it eventually will come back to haunt me.  I would like a permanent fix to this issue.  I've read some other posts about keyboard issues but none of them seem to work for me.

This problem sometimes won't allow me to enter my password for screen unlock because one of the letters in my password just happen to be a "shortcut" or a "hot key" for a random windows setting.

Please help me Lenovo!  I just purchased my Yoga 2 Pro a week ago!

aswinter05
What's DOS?
Views: 365
Message 2 of 4

Re: Oncreen Keyboard randomly starts using "hot keys" or "shortcuts". Please he

I would actually prefer to completely disable ANY hot key or shortcut feature.  I highly doubt I will EVER use these pointless keyboard features.  They are just a nuisance at this point

aswinter05
What's DOS?
Views: 321
Message 3 of 4

Anyone?  No reply and I've had this posted almost a week!  C'mon Lenovo support you can do better than that

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 313
Message 4 of 4

Sounds to me like the windows key is getting stuck. Try using the onscreen keyboard without the windows key to see if it remediates the issue. If so, we can work from there.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors