Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mshacklette
Paper Tape
Views: 4,179
Message 1 of 12

One month old Lenovo Yoga 730-13” experiencing a flickering screen and black display

Hi,

I’ve seen similar posts on this forum, but I am having trouble with my Lenovo Yoga 730-13” which began experiencing random flickering last week and has now progressed to flickering and intermittently displaying a completely black screen. The laptop is one month old and was purchased in the U.S. Unfortunately, I now live in South Korea but am not fluent enough in Korean to discuss these issues with Korean staff on the helpline.

What I can do to address this problem myself or receive English language support from Lenovo in South Korea?

Best,

mshackle

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,132
Message 2 of 12

Re: One month old Lenovo Yoga 730-13” experiencing a flickering screen and black display

Hi mshacklette!

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Sorry to hear about the issue. Please access Device Manager (how to: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht117792) and locate the information below. Post here the screenshot.

http://download.lenovo.com/km/media/images/HT506774/2018-07-12_12-14-48_20180712162054.JPG

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

mshacklette
Paper Tape
Views: 4,126
Message 3 of 12

Re: One month old Lenovo Yoga 730-13” experiencing a flickering screen and black display

Under Device Manager > Monitors > Generic PnP Monitor > Properties > Events, it is blank.

181125_monitor events.png

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,122
Message 4 of 12

That's interesting. Please try the details tab, then select "Device Instance Path" and send us a screenshot here. Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

mshacklette
Paper Tape
Views: 4,120
Message 5 of 12

Here it is. Also, big thanks for responding so promptly!

181125_device instance path.png

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,109
Message 6 of 12

Thanks. I can see here that you have an LG Monitor. In this case we will need to uninstall and install the updated graphics card driver and BIOS. To uninstall the graphics card driver, you may follow the steps below.

1. In device manager, expand display adapters

2. Right click on Intel/NVIDIA/AMD then select uninstall

3. Put a check on delete software driver then OK

4. Restart the computer

Go to https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 to download the updated display driver and BIOS then observe the performance of the display.

mshacklette
Paper Tape
Views: 4,103
Message 7 of 12

I did as you instructed. The flickering and intermittent black screen are occuring less but are both still present. The flickering seems to happen more the less open the laptop is and can sometimes be stopped by pressing on the bottom left of the screen.

I now see the following in Device Manager > Monitors > Generic PnP Monitor > Properties > Events.

181125_monitor events 2.png

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,100
Message 8 of 12

Since you still have the same problem after updating the BIOS and display driver and the issue can be stopped by pressing the bottom left then there could be an issue with the LCD cable or the LCD panel. We suggest contacting our local support here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 for repair. 

mshacklette
Paper Tape
Views: 4,072
Message 9 of 12

---UPDATE---

Thank you, I was able to contact Korean support and explain the situation and they gave me a service center to go to. I really appreciate all the help!

---ORIGINAL POST---

Hi,

But local support in South Korea is only available by phone in Korean, which I do not speak well enough to use to discuss computer repairs. Is there an American support team I can email for help?

Best,

mshacklette

Tanya54
What's DOS?
Views: 3,684
Message 10 of 12

Hi did you find solution as I have this problem too and live in Dubai. Does not have international warranty

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors