Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
robnicholson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 308
Message 1 of 4

OneKey Optimiser on newer Yoga 500s

A small company I help support has been buying Yoga 500s for about a year. The earlier models (IBD suffix) came with a utility called OneKey Optimiser which, by default, has a mode whereby the battery only charges to 60%. It sounds like a useful tool for extending battery life for laptops which spend most of their time on power.

The later models (with ISK suffix) don't come with this utility pre-installed.

My question is why isn't it pre-installed anymore? Was there a problem with it? Does the Yoga 500-14ISK model do it's battery management in a different way?

Thanks, Rob. 

robnicholson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 304
Message 2 of 4

Re: OneKey Optimiser on newer Yoga 500s

PS. This isn't to be confused with Lenovo Quick Optimiser which is more of a tune-up utility

robnicholson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 300
Message 3 of 4

Ahh answering my own question:

https://www.slightfuture.com/review/lenovo-onekey-optimizer

The earlier Yoga 500s came with Windows 8.1 installed and were upgraded to Windows 10 (forgot about that). So OneKey optimiser is technically not supported on Windows 10 and we should probably remove it from the upgraded laptops?

Thanks, Rob.

virgosun
Token Ring
Views: 270
Message 4 of 4

Nope. Mine 5 months old 15Ibd fresh oem win  10 in oem recovery partition. That 500s is not your, so you dont know it. 60% charge is a different app Energy Management. While optimizer is a part of Solution Center. Search and you'll see thousand poeple are critisizing lenovo for the bug updating it wheather 8.1 or 10

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors