cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alchemist616
Paper Tape
Views: 19,557
Message 1 of 11

OneKey Optimizer battery calibration - How do I know whether it's acutally in progress?

OneKey Optimizer on my yoga 3's asking me to calibrate its battery. Once I click on "Calibrate" and choose starting now. The "Capacity Loss" item just moves to being ok. And I don't get any message showing whether calibration is in progress nor where it's up to.

So how do I tell whehther the calibration is actually in progress...?

And can I use my laptop while the battery is being calibrated?

Guru
Views: 19,277
Message 2 of 11

Re: OneKey Optimizer battery calibration - How do I know whether it's acutally in progress?

First of all, disable that OKO software (in Task Manager > StartUp). It will bring you more pain than you can endure.

Second, if your battery is fine then no need to calibrate it. Lenovo's battery calibration software is not as expected.

I know these are answers you do not expect BUT trust me this is the best course of action.

EDIT-

If after all warnings, you still want to calibrate your battery then you should make sure,  you have full battery, do not use laptop and let the process complete. Usually a progress indicator should be displayed while calibration.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
lkview
Paper Tape
Views: 19,209
Message 3 of 11

Re: OneKey Optimizer battery calibration - How do I know whether it's acutally in progress?

1. What warnings are you referring to? The ones from you, or something from the system? I have not seen any warnings telling me not to calibrate.

2. You say "Usually a progress indicator should be displayed while calibration". There is no such message. That is the reason for this post. 

jtitman
Punch Card
Views: 19,163
Message 4 of 11

Rocky,

I disagree with you 100%. The Optimizer is a Lenovo software program. It was updated about 4-6 weeks ago and that took care of several problems it had with excessive CPU usage while running. I too have calibrated my battery twice and it does last 6-8 hours. That's under what they claim, but it works for me. Calibrating can take 8 hours or more because the battery is discharged completely and then recharged up to 100%. So it does take some time. My suggestion is run the Optimizer and see if it updates itself. Then set the Yoga aside for however long it takes to calibrate the battery. It is very important that no programs are running and it's left completely alone. Let us know how this works out for you.

alchemist616
Paper Tape
Views: 19,139
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry didn't got around to reply you. I get warning message under "Checking Power" of OneKey Optimizer saying "The battery has been  in use for a very long time. Calibration as soon as possible is Recommended." Then there is a "Calibrate" button underneath.

My problem is when I click on Calibrate, then select Starting Now, nothing seems to happen other than the warning message disappearing. No progress bar, the battery doesn't seem to go through the process of discharging then charging. Just nothing happens at all.

No program is running and I've left it completely alone...

alchemist616
Paper Tape
Views: 19,138
Message 6 of 11

I am using the latest version of OneKey Optimizer btw

Guru
Views: 19,130
Message 7 of 11

OKO is really mediocre, looks like spyware, and doesn't do anything substantial.

You can perform a battery reset manually:
1. Fully charge the battery to 100% and leave it at fully charged for an hour.
2. Fully discharge the battery until it shuts down (temporarily disable any critical battery actions).
3. Fully charge the battery again and leave it at fully charged for an hour or two.

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
DorEz
What's DOS?
Views: 19,101
Message 8 of 11

It's OK.
After you click it to begin, it automatically starts and charge your battery to 100% and then begin to fully discharge it to 0%.
You can see it in progress in the OKO->save power->battery conservation.
DO NOT FORGET TO UNPLUG THE CHARGER!

dlrude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,475
Message 9 of 11

The One Key Optimizer window has a message that says do not unplug the charger.

I set the power saver settings to never sleep while plugged in and to never dim the screen while plugged in when I am running calibration. My theory is that the battery will discharge faster that way. I also put up a big white browser form on the display to help discharge.

It is running now and has been for 8 hours, batt at 4% and not charging though plugged in

text added later- I ran done to 0% then started recharging and the window said that the calibration was complete. I realize now that I should have also turnd the keyboard lights on to hasten the discharge to zero.

dennis2001
What's DOS?
Views: 14,012
Message 10 of 11

by me it wont work annymore but thats is becuise i use windows 10 in windows 10 it is broken in in 8.1 it was 100 procent fine tho the need to make it for windows 10

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors