Options

2 Posts

05-04-2013

ottawa

9 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 1 of 4

Onscreen Keyboard and GMail (and other sites)

2013-05-04, 5:32 AM

Couldn't find anything on this in my search - but my onscreen keyboard pops up when i touch the screen (in regular notepad mode when I'm using the physical keyboard).  It seems to happen only for certain textboxes on certain pages.  

One place for sure when this always happens is GMail when I hit the compose button.  When I touch anywhere in the compose box the onscreen keyboard pops up.

This is completely annoying and I don't know how to make it stop.

Is there anyway to completely disable the onscreen keyboard in notepad mode?  I would only need it in tablet or other modes.

Cheers

Options

485 Posts

11-18-2012

Egypt

329 Signins

5740 Page Views

• Views: 5740
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Onscreen Keyboard and GMail (and other sites)

2013-05-09, 7:42 AM

Hi manojlalu,

Thanks for posting to the Lenovo Community,

I’d like to help you with the issue that you’re facing could you please share with us your machine Model and the windows installed version.

Thanks and Regards,

Soha

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

05-04-2013

ottawa

9 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-05-13, 3:50 AM

Hi Soha,

Thanks for the reply.  My machine is a lenovo yoga 13 ideapad with Windows 8 installed.

I guess the easiest way out of my issue would be to disable the onscreen keyboard when in laptop mode.  Is this possible?

Options

485 Posts

11-18-2012

Egypt

329 Signins

5740 Page Views

• Views: 5740
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-05-13, 7:09 AM

Hi manojlalu,

I’d like to apologize to you that there is no way to be able to disable the on screen keyboard on Yoga 13.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Soha

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete