Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-27-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Outstanding customer service experience

2021-07-27, 6:17 AM

I don't normally join vendor forums but I had a beyond excellent experience with a rather depressing situation recently and this seems like the best way to share it with their team.
Not that my hardships are worse than anyone else's but I'd sacrificed for the better part of 5 years before finally replacing my professional equipment. I'd selected Lenovo above all else and was crushed when months after arriving, component failure led to crashes I couldn't recover from until the battery drained. Also the bezel faceplate (screw cover) started to peel away.
Note, I do have premium support so I can't speak for all tiers. Also I never called in a huff.
When I mentioned both problems the very kind and patient dispatch suggested sending it in for repair as that is the default for all hardware. They sent a high quality shipping package that I had 30 days to return. I backed up my files and, sent it in on a Monday and got it back on Friday! Alas, the crashing persisted and the bezel was only slightly reattached as it popped back off within a day.
I called to report I wasn't happy with the repair and a different staff member was equally skilled and patient. We got cut off and she called me back... 3 times. She attempted remote diagnosis during which the machine crashed and a technician was sent to my home along with a stack of new parts.
The tech was extremely pleasant and skilled. He performed the repair quickly and placed a brand new bezel better than the factory had (clearly). And even updated the serial in the bios so it would connect with my warranty.
I still had my doubts but had gained no new ones.
New hard drives don't come preloaded with custom vendor OS's so I had to contact tech support and was pleasantly surprised to learn that they not only have custom images per model, but their very own usb creation tool. Even cooler is their resulting tool does the entire restore in one click. That includes many restarts, patches, drivers and even bios updates. It's as if a tech is sitting there. Once done I had a good as new (better?) machine and a new respect for the value of 5-star customer service.

Options

4205 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

259 Signins

23427 Page Views

• Views: 23427
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Outstanding customer service experience

2021-07-27, 8:50 AM

Hello @BitBendr ,

Welcome to the Community.

It is very refreshing to get to read folks having time to write down and share their good experience.

Please don't hesitate to visit our Community at anytime.

Regards,

Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

05-11-2021

Sweden

8 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Outstanding customer service experience

2021-08-02, 7:43 AM

Hello BitBendr

I'm happy to hear that you have got such good service of your equipment. I wish every Lenovo customer would get that quality of service.

I have another story, with a whole different outcome which I really hope Lenovo will change.

Thanks for your happy story :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms